Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m wondering if it’s okay to make my rear seat bracing removable by drilling holes into all 4 connecting points and secure it with bolts instead of having it permanently installed? Is it okay for structural integrity?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I’m wondering if it’s okay to make my rear seat bracing removable by drilling holes into all 4 connecting points and secure it with bolts instead of having it permanently installed? Is it okay for structural integrity?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it is absolutely ok to bolt in the back brace but use star washers (aka shake proof washers) so with the torquing motion of the body the bolts won’t loosen. make sure you use “at least 1/2” grade 8 bolts”. also you double nut the bolts for more protection against the bolts coming loose. welding of course is best if your going to race.

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,255 Posts
Might I ask the short question as to "why" ?
And, only 4 connecting points?
Do you have a pix of your braces?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts