Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into redoing my Turbo T rims. Would Aircraft paint striper some polishing and a new coat of clear coat be the way to go? I'm open to all suggestions.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You Sum Bitch ! why didn't I think of that :eek!: Those are Beautiful and to think I was almost considering selling my T rims to put on some GN rims. On a side note I do think the GN rims would look very good on a T Type. They would match up to the bumpers very well.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Don't put GN wheels, If anything a set of GNX rims would look hot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What price range?

Altho not cheap Scott at Detroit Vintage Wheels (about 4.5 hrs from you) can machine lips, powdercoat valleys (Sparkle Silver) and clear powder coat the whole deal for ease of maintenance and a knock out look. I have some modified GTA caps on them in the pics. Looks good but you have other options.:2cents:

Duplicolor has some nice metallic wheel paints (clear too) that I am about to use on a set of Vectors. I will get some pics when done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Aluminum Wheel Refinishing

Just take them up to Carcones' on Bloomington Rd in Aurora. :wink:

They refinish wheels & are local. :yup:

I've used em before on my GTA rims & they do a great job ...think they charge about $100. per wheel (if my memory serves me correct)? :sw:

Here's a link:

Carcone's Auto Recycling

dave

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ya, I've used em before on alota parts & they do a great job powder coating!

I believe ttypewhite has used them for his 2 pc aluminum rims & they turned out great!
Happened to be in the shop dropping of stuff & saw them there.

FYI.....they have moved from Brooklyn.
They've recently relocated to Bartley Drive in Scarborough (DVP & Eglinton area)

dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
When my T rims were covered in scum (some ungodly black substance that looked terrible) I used some eagle 1 mag wheel cleaner. Now I don't know how bad your T rims are, but mine were about to be sold because they were so filthy. Now be EXTREMELY careful with the mag cleaner. If left on long enough it will permanently damage the wheels, it's a strong acid and will etch it like crazy. Also, the stuff is pretty dangerous on its on. (The warning says contact a physician immediately incase of skin, eye contact or swallowing.) I also used a little wire brush you can get at pepboys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts