Turbo Buick Forums banner

What is a realistic salvage value for this GN?

Votes: 17 50.0%

Votes: 11 32.4%

Votes: 6 17.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Scaring the neighbors!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like your honest assessment as to a realistic salvage value on my stripped GN. The G80 8.5" rear has been taken along with the entire drivetrain. All pertinent electrical equipment including relays, harness, cruise control equipment are gone. Every stitch of interior save for the dash was taken and the dash was absolutely annihilated. Also note that the inner metal fender supports are folded down on both sides.

I'll let folks weigh in for a while and then I'll come back and tell "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
rear 1/4s rusty??? I really don't see much there :dunno: was this your that got stolen a while ago ?? :cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
i said 1000 just because its a real GN roller.

if ya go up to gbody parts its 800$ just for a bone stripped roller regal.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
100, tops.
In that condition, it's scrap, with a VIN tag, IMO.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,851 Posts
Whats the Green car right in front of it to the left? Looks like a Regal Tail light maybe? Oh, I wouldnt give more than $100 for it.

·
it will run one day
384 Posts
Just a Six?? said:
Whats the Green car right in front of it to the left? Looks like a Regal Tail light maybe? .
Looks like a malibu

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Looks like it's worth about as much as the steering wheel :( That sucks....

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
thats your car???? WTF? people should be shot! its sad too cause aparently they knew TR's. took powermaster and everything! they even put TR wheels back on it!

from what i can see you can salvage the steering wheel, rad suport, x braces, and the exhaust?

·
Scaring the neighbors!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, that's my GN. Little doubt that someone locally is using all this stuff with probably most of it going onto one car. That's the only reason I could see someone taking every morsel.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
when was it found? the paint looks all beat up :(

btw, i'd say $250 max.

·
Scaring the neighbors!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was actually recovered about 2 1/2 weeks after it was stolen. The paint has a shabby appearance in the photos because they sprayed motor oil all over the remains. In the top photo you can see pretty good reflections of the clouds in the roof and C-pillar. Also, they exposed dirt that had accumulated around the rear wheel arches when they stole the rear GNX fender flares.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I voted 500.00 b/c the rear quarters look clean and the rear bumper.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Let's see:
Body shell
Frame
Glass

If you ever find the clowns who did this,make sure they find their remains in similar condition.
They probably own a T-top car too. :)

·
The Tranny Guy
605 Posts
what do you want for that steering wheel, i have a blue want but need a grey one.

seriously, how much?

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Whoever did that to your car should be shot! That is one reason why I do not have fancy paint schemes or anything else like that on my N/A Regal, through it is not as fancy and vauled as a GN. The paint is not too good on my car and I will leave it that way untill it really needs it so it does not stick out, it is not a good idea to make your car stick out it, it is better to have it blah looking. Sorry about your car.

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
Wheels 250
steering box in it?? 200
Steering wheel 75
1/4 glass 35
gas tank 100
the top of the heater a/c box has the special "Turbo" sticker on it 50

the inner fenders will have "Turbo" on them if they are original and a rare piece 150 each

black windshiel wiper arms 20
windsheield moulding black 30
rear window moulding black 30
I see the exhaust pipes in the back , was it a perf system.
is the system there from where the cat was back
Rubber baffling on the radiator 30

This stuff could get stupid on Ebay and pull ridiculous amounts.

That sux to see a GN like that... :(

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I'm looking at the mess and thinking Race Car. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts