Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a list of things to check out to fix my random stalling problem. Its only when I let off the gas to go to a stop.

After installing my heads, I dont know why but the stalling has been bad, 2-5 times a day.
As well, the tip in stumble has gotten worse too. I'm running lubrants 110 chip, I didnt have too much trouble with it before.

Joe

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
Maybe more airflow with your heads ported? You may need to readjust your IAC and TPS. dunno Are scanmaster readings ok?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Yep, sounds like the IAC needs to be readjusted. Also I have heard of this when guys go to a little bitty converter, stalling after the burnout.

When I first bought my car, it kept stalling on the way home. Come to find out the AFPR was set at 52psi with the hose off.

Maybe just try a new chip.. what are you running now?

powersix

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm running lubrants 110. The only place that chip works well is WOT, Idles like a Chevy missing plug wires.

You guys were correct I did have a vacuum leek, and I do need to set the IAC, Its off.

Joe

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Lubrant chips idle on the low side. Send it back and ask Joe to add 25-50 rpm's to the chip. Also make sure you have "antistall" also due to your converter. Make the adjustments posted above first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts