Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dr. Theopolis
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its not coolant. But i have rain water coming in from the heater box. It appears the drain is working for the evaporator. Is it possible that the rain is just too hard for the water to get out? Or is there some seals in there that need some sealant applied to them?
My wifes feet appreciate all your help, cause Lord knows i dont sit passenger very often.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It's probably leaking around the top of the box where it seals to the firewall under the hood.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I recently changed my front windshield. After removing all the silicone we noticed rust tracks on the top right passenger corner. My friend said does your floor get wet? I said never. We pulled the rug back and all the padding was damp and also behind the ecm. He cleaned it up and finished up the job. The floor area now stays dry. He said he sees this in all G bodies. Something else to look at.

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
After removing all the silicone we noticed rust tracks on the top right passenger corner.
Yeah it's pretty sneaky. The water follows down the inside of the plastic trim all the way to the floor. You never see it until you pull the rug up. But if it's dripping in your feet, its probably the seal at the top of the heater box like Steve said. By the way, Ihad both leaks. :mad:

·
Dr. Theopolis
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it was the firewall seal too. But i resealed it and it still leaks. I took a hose and sprayed it into the vent intake and it came out of the hvac box under the dash. I can see it come in. The drain isnt plugged, so i think its the inner seals that run inside there. The were coming apart. Its not alot of water, just some drips.

Scott

·
Registered
105 Posts
is there a evapoator drain at the bottom of the box,not sure about the GN's but crysler products have one they get leaves stuck in them and water backs up. try blowing air through it if there is one

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
nova II:
is there a evapoator drain at the bottom of the box,not sure about the GN's but crysler products have one they get leaves stuck in them and water backs up. try blowing air through it if there is one
Yes.... He said he checked it in the first post

1 - 8 of 8 Posts