Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about upgrading from the stock radio. All I want is a radio with decent reception, an aux input and some decent speakers.
Does anyone know someone that is trustworthy to do this neatly and not damage my car?

Randy

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
When you say you want an aux input, are you talking about streaming from say your cell phone (iphone or android)? Or ipod or some other mp3 player?

In most cases I'd say do it yourself. You can get a NICE head unit any more for $200 or less that would work great and could probably stream bluetooth from your cell. The ONLY thing I'm big on is making sure when you get the adapter kit, get one that flush mounts the radio, not the cheapo walmart one that makes the radio stick out 33 feet.

Speakers are one thing I started to research and it fell by the wayside, but hoping over the winter I can get some new speakers installed too.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I guess to clarify all I want is a clean installation and a radio that doesn't sound like its eating rice crispies when I listen to it.
Jeff I've seen those 33 footers thats one reason I asked about installation.
Hoobs I'm not opposed to a used radio as long as I can get a good install.
Stefan I've seen the factory radios with the aux port on eBay but I assume they sound the same as what I have.

What I need is the Jim Dunn or Paulie of audio. Someone familiar with radio installs in these cars.

Randy

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Swapping head units is pretty simple. I picked up a pioneer from walmart that just has basic functions and an aux/usb on the front. I could not locate a flush install kit so I had to reuse the one that sticks out. Any recommendations on where to find one? Is there anything special to upgrading speakers on a concert sound system?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I guess to clarify all I want is a clean installation and a radio that doesn't sound like its eating rice crispies when I listen to it.
Jeff I've seen those 33 footers thats one reason I asked about installation.
Hoobs I'm not opposed to a used radio as long as I can get a good install.
Stefan I've seen the factory radios with the aux port on eBay but I assume they sound the same as what I have.

What I need is the Jim Dunn or Paulie of audio. Someone familiar with radio installs in these cars.

Randy
Well if your looking for aftermarket go Alpine or JVC. If you need a radio and some speakers installed bring her over here. I can do a really nice job and Im cheap. There is an audio place right in DE by my me if you need to go shopping.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if your looking for aftermarket go Alpine or JVC. If you need a radio and some speakers installed bring her over here. I can do a really nice job and Im cheap. There is an audio place right in DE by my me if you need to go shopping.
Stefan I'll call you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.