Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has a factory stereo cassette with EQ for an 87 GN in good condition that they would be interested in selling (or swapping), please let me know, as my last E-Bay transaction to purchase one turned into a disaster..... :)

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
Hey, I got one in perfect condition, but the tape player spits out tapes (not so perfect I guess). I heard it is quite repairable. It's the good one with the 5 band eq and the digital station memory bs. I even have the DelcoSound manual with it. Make me an offer.

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Jay's GN sells new radios (AC Delco) that fit perfect and have a CD / Equalizer. Mine looks like it came with the car. Even the face plate
color matches...The wiring is already modified for easy installation. Plug in and play. He also sells speakers.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
jdodman:
Jay's GN sells new radios (AC Delco) that fit perfect and have a CD / Equalizer. Mine looks like it came with the car. Even the face plate
color matches...The wiring is already modified for easy installation. Plug in and play. He also sells speakers.
I also have an AC Delco AM/FM CD player with EQ that I bought from Jay in one of my cars. The deck looks factory and sounds pretty good considering I still have stock speakers. My other GN also has an AC Delco AM/FM CD player with EQ that I bought locally up here in Canada. Both of these CD players (they are different models) look like they were factory installed. No wires were cut because I used a jumper harness with both which makes everything plug and play.

If you are looking for the correct am/fm tape EQ radio, go check around some junk yards, you might find one. Also check the for sale sections because they do go up for sale occasionally. Both of my cars came with this radio and it worked well for the time.

Good luck,

<small>[ June 11, 2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: TWIN86GNS ]</small>

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
you can send it back to a company that rebuilds them for like $50

1 - 5 of 5 Posts