Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Noticed the car running a little hot, around 210 or so. Wondering if anyone used this radiator?thinking of uprgading the stock one.

Regal (78-87) Radiator

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Little pricey there at this$539... lol. Jim told me to get a be-cool radiator, but its $1100. Haha no way

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Kenny's issue is he has a big front mount IC. So you need some heavy duty radiator in there to keep them happy when playing on the streets on a hot summer day! B-Cooool! :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
rads

there's other alum rads available look in the other thread and make sure to have a double fan and shroud it makes a big difference. The Doc should be able to install one for ya

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
Kenny's issue is he has a big front mount IC. So you need some heavy duty radiator in there to keep them happy when playing on the streets on a hot summer day! B-Cooool! :)
F-body rad. I have a front mount and a F-Body rad with no problems. They are $100 new at Autozone.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Don't go through Kirbans. Just call Pete 408-320-6842 for one of those ALRADCO radiators. I got an unfinished one from him with just the Oil Cooler and it was alot less money.

Stefan

·
Mad Scientist
494 Posts
I can't speak for it's performance with a front mount, but I've been happy with my F-body radiator. The price is right too. :)

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Alradco looks nice but is still expensive at $425, and Kirbans is silly for $539, and Be Coool is smoking some crack.

I'm looking to do a F Body rad from Rock Auto, for $87 shipped or even Amazon for $83 shipped!
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Proliance-0433918-433918-Radiator/dp/B000C8ES80/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Chevrolet%7C47&Model=Camaro%7C432&Year=1992%7C1992&carId=004&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive]Proliance 433918 Radiator : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

OR

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premium-CU951-Complete-Chevrolet/dp/B000C7S1SY]Spectra Premium CU951 Complete Radiator for Chevrolet/Pontiac : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Search 92 Camaro radiator. Guys have cool 9 second GN with F body rads. You should not need to spend that much $ on a new one.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Don't forget to add a trans cooler for the F-body!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like the F body one, already have an external trans cooler.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Kenny's radiator in his GN is stock style however it's BRAND NEW so it should be flowing well with a quite large dual electric fan that covers the entire radiator. I would make sure the stat and fan relay is working and the temp's are showing accurate before I assumed the car was really running that hot....especially since he's running E85 too.

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
Forgot to mention that I have the dual Dodge Intrepid fans wired to run on full at all times.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Kenny's radiator in his GN is stock style however it's BRAND NEW so it should be flowing well with a quite large dual electric fan that covers the entire radiator. I would make sure the stat and fan relay is working and the temp's are showing accurate before I assumed the car was really running that hot....especially since he's running E85 too.
Oh it's running hot. That cruise night we went to when he opened the hood I wanted to break out the marshmallows and just dangle them over the engine they would have cooked! Fans are working I checked that while we were there. As soon as he turned the key they came on full blast. That radiator sucks he has! My 86 was parked next to him and the difference in heat coming out from under that hood was unreal even a half hour later!

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Auto Zone F body $100 radiator over here with the ebay Dodge Intrepid dual fans for $83.35. The fans I got from gbody where a little bigger and better but even with the a/c running and a RJC front mount on 90 degrees, temp got up to about 190, but usually it's around 170. I had to rewire the ebay dual fans to fit my racetronix fan wiring harness, but the savings was worth the hassle.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Well if the Radiator in the car is NEW. Then I would put my money on the water pump taking a slow dump. have you opened the radiator cap to check to see if the tubes are pushing water thru them? Might have to take a little of the water out to see down in there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts