Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into the Racetronix fuelpump/hotwire setup for my car. On there website it says GM used 2 dif fuel senders in the turbo buicks.
Says that on one connector the wires are black, pink and tan(typically found on 84,85 and some 86 turbo buicks)
And the other connector has black, violet and gray(typically found on 87 models and some 86's)

The issue i'm having is my car has been repainted and the wires on that connector are black and i cant quite make out the colors. Can any confirm that they ONLY used a certain fuel sender in 87? The colors i think im seeing are black, blue and gray, but that doesnt match up with what Racetronix says. Im leaning towards the G77 sender or black, violet and gray since i can see 2 of those 3 colors im pretty sure. If anybody can give me some guidance i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
THANKS Doc!! I was hoping you'd chime in here. In your opinion is the Racetronix a good setup?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal! I know where i'll be ordering from when i get the cash saved up!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looking into the Racetronix fuelpump/hotwire setup for my car. On there website it says GM used 2 dif fuel senders in the turbo buicks.
Says that on one connector the wires are black, pink and tan(typically found on 84,85 and some 86 turbo buicks)
And the other connector has black, violet and gray(typically found on 87 models and some 86's)

The issue i'm having is my car has been repainted and the wires on that connector are black and i cant quite make out the colors. Can any confirm that they ONLY used a certain fuel sender in 87? The colors i think im seeing are black, blue and gray, but that doesnt match up with what Racetronix says. Im leaning towards the G77 sender or black, violet and gray since i can see 2 of those 3 colors im pretty sure. If anybody can give me some guidance i'd appreciate it.
The other option is to simply replace the sender with a complete new SS unit which has upgraded wiring and flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.