Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I live here in Chicago where 87oct is 3.15 and the closest station selling race gas is 40 some miles away. I found these guys Has anyone ever used them, heard of them? Which do you think is the best for our cars?

www.vpracingfuels.com

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Did you ever consider getting an alcohol injection kit? You did post in the Alcohol forum. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry didnt read it right feel free to move where this thread shoud be. Yes Ive thught about alky but time/money not here. Also still have alot to learn about these cars before turning up boost. But its getting closer. :confused:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I didn't mean to indicate that it was in the wrong forum, I just thought maybe you were thinking about alcohol and that is why you posted here. :)

If you buy enough race gas you could have paid for an alcohol kit. As far as help with the alcohol, that is what the board is for and there are many knowledgeable people running alcohol that would be glad to help you.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I run an alkycontrol.com kit, and then run 87 octane.
I basically just use the higher octane the alky offers, just when I need it.

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
You should look at the alky kit instead of having to worry about finding race gas. It is a very straight through install and not that expensive compared to other upgrades. I did the install about 7-8 hours doing it after work. also just installed a BstC controller turned up the boost for the first time yesterday to about 22lbs and man she ripped like crazy and had 0 degrees of knock. See race gas you have to mix just right with reg octane, if you dont mix correctly you wont have enough octane to run the higher boost. just something to look at when you do want to go with the higher boost.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I believe there are a few Citgo's or 66's in Chicago that have 110 unleaded around the same as Gas City's price. There is a 66 in Barrington on Rt 59 that has 110 unleaded now for $4.90, up .90 cents due to summer time racers he said. :mad: :rant:

Alky is worth it, especially at $5.20 for only 100 octane.

·
Registered
588 Posts
vpracing fuel.....thats all we use out here I have a couple tins in the garage.

:)

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
Do the Xylene/93 octane mix.
1 gal xylene..... $9.00
+
3 gal 93.............$2.80
= 4 gal 100 octane.$17.40...or 4.35 per gal.

I get the Xylene in 5 gal pails from the Sherwin Williams make sure you get the commercial price.
But alky is good too... I have it on my other more "serious" car.
I do understand gas is expensive living up in the "Daley Dynasty".
I was up there same time last year for a few months and remember getting hammered on fuel prices.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, they will

1 - 13 of 13 Posts