Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Grand National last week from a dealer and I have no information on the car. I have been trying to piece everything together. I searched the forum and I haven't seen much information on it. I pulled out the stock ECM and I seen a Quad Air Inc sticker on the side. I removed a cover and I see a chip on the computer. The Chip says R93 H in middle and at top says F and 9. On the bottom line it says 3 and 5 below it and 6 and 7 below that. Any information on the chip or quad air inc would be great. I haven't been able to locate a website for Quad Air Inc. I am guessing they are out of business.

·
GN Old Timer
90 Posts
Quad Air was Red Armstrong's business. As far as I know, he no longer sells GN parts. Red always sold quality products so there is no problem there but at some point you should consider getting a new chip. The reason is the older chips typically use lots of fuel and timing (from the old school thinking). The better, newer chips don't plus they are adjustable so you can "tune" the chip for your car.

Good luck with your "new" car.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quad Air was Red Armstrong's business. As far as I know, he no longer sells GN parts. Red always sold quality products so there is no problem there but at some point you should consider getting a new chip. The reason is the older chips typically use lots of fuel and timing (from the old school thinking). The better, newer chips don't plus they are adjustable so you can "tune" the chip for your car.

I doubt Red no longer sell parts. His chips are old school but they still work. Reds # 440 235-3232 9-3pm. Call him if you have questions about his chips.

·
David
839 Posts

I doubt Red no longer sell parts. His chips are old school but they still work. Reds # 440 235-3232 9-3pm. Call him if you have questions about his chips.
plus 1
i just bought an XP fuel pump from him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ya Red is still around and still making chips....Me and a few buddies were talking to him at the track this past september...He had his wifes car set up to look almost completely stock but was running some strong et's....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.