Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i happened to have a set of R43TSK spark plugs in the garage.are these ok to use? dunno

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
The "K" means special design for particular application. They are not for Turbo Buicks. Just because it screws into the hole doesn't mean it will work correctly.The suffix crosses over to a 1992 Isuzu truck. Put them on E-bay wink

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok.just wondering.thats the onlt r43's i had in the garage

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
b4black:
I would bet the K refers to a special gap. Re-gap them and they would be fine.
"V" &"X"& "Z" usually mean special gap. "K" is special design. The AC Delco book does not give a decription on what it means. I would not want to take a chance with a $1.49 plug to damage to my engine. If it's a lower resistance plug it could blow out the coil or module. If made from a special material it could self destruct under boost and damage the cyl and piston. Who knows
dunno

·
Registered
123 Posts
Reaching into the memory banks here... the K suffix on the older AC plugs was to denote a "Vydax" coating. It was some kind of anti stick coating to make the sparkplug boots come off easier. I believe that they are the same plug other than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.