Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call it cabin fever....and stress relief.

Thoughts / opinions on changing out the column shifter to a Quicksilver? Looking to up the fun factor by having a little more control to hang a gear a little longer and avoid short shifts when cruising around town.

When I first rode in the car it had one mated to a 400 and I thought it was pretty neat.

Am I nuts thinking that it could be the same mated to a 200? Meaning the fun factor.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Love my Quicksilver. I can't find pics installed but I will try to later and post them up.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jay.

Paul...I knew you'd reply with something that would make my decision easier. :)

Looks like Jegs is about 5 bucks cheaper than all others at $196

B&M 80683 B&M QuickSilver Shifters

Looked around on the other site and don't see any for sale. Will look around a bit more but if I don't find a used one (that's in good shape), I'll probably go ahead and order new.

Thanks, guys.

Dan

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just grabbed one last week from Summit for the same price, don't know about Jegs but Summit ships lightning fast to our area...usually takes me 2 days to recieve anything I order with basic/cheapest Ground shipping.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just grabbed one last week from Summit for the same price, don't know about Jegs but Summit ships lightning fast to our area...usually takes me 2 days to recieve anything I order with basic/cheapest Ground shipping.
Just ordered from StreetSideAuto.com. Jegs and Summit wanted $12.00 handling fees which put it at $208 and $212. Not sure if that's a Jersey thing.

Street Side base price was about the same but with no handling fees and I found a $10 coupon. So door to door was $185.

Never heard of them but they have good online reviews.

See you soon, Paul. :D

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I miss my ratching shifter Had a Hurst Promatic 2 in my old buick with no console. IMO two buckets and just the shifter makes the interior very clean.

Stefan

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Looking good Dan!

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Is the linkage still hooked up to the column so the reverse lights work? Looks good.

Stefan

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, guys.

:yup: to the linkage question. Better that way too because I can see the dash indicator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts