Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Back in Black!
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the newbie-ish question, but it's been a while and there's some discussion over at SyTy;

Did all GNs have power windows or did some come with crank?

tia,
S

·
Mad Scientist
494 Posts
Power options.....What's that.

I've got manual windows, locks, seats and no cruise.......I just call it less s**t to break.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Same here, no power windows, locks, seats, or antenna (originally). I do have cruise though. A lot less to go wrong and free weight savings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
More on windows

My GN has power windows but manual door locks, manual antenna, the probably rare but not desirable UK4 radio and no cruise. The power window is okay, you can roll it down and let the hitchhiker unlock the door. Used to be more common for people to hitchhike, the world has changed. Some ladies still do it but why do they say things like " Honey, I know what you are looking for"
before getting in?
Bob
1987 GN

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Hah I had something like that happen in the city with my NA Regal. Random...uhh...thing just decided to walk up and try to open the passenger side door asking "for a ride". Thankfully these cars use 5hp lock solenoids and I hit the button just in time to pull the door handle back down lol. I was also able to roll up the window at the same time (sitting at a light). I was very thankful for power accessories at that moment!

Jeff

My GN has power windows but manual door locks, manual antenna, the probably rare but not desirable UK4 radio and no cruise. The power window is okay, you can roll it down and let the hitchhiker unlock the door. Used to be more common for people to hitchhike, the world has changed. Some ladies still do it but why do they say things like " Honey, I know what you are looking for"
before getting in?
Bob
1987 GN

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
In 84 power windows was a option, I bought my car off the lot, someone else ordered it and backed out of the deal.
When I had the car repainted, I went with electric windows because the donor doors already had them in.... I wish I would have kept the cranks...

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I think my new car that will be coming has crank windows :eek!: Im curious to see if the bulkhead is in the door jam so I can plug in the wiring harness. I drove 9 yrs (car as a daily driver too) with crank windows I do not miss them.

Stefan

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
I think my new car that will be coming has crank windows :eek!: Im curious to see if the bulkhead is in the door jam so I can plug in the wiring harness. I drove 9 yrs (car as a daily driver too) with crank windows I do not miss them.

Stefan
I can tell you in 84 there was no wiring for power windows if the car did not come with it.... I had to buy a p/w wire harness, relay, ect.

Chuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.