Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I GOT A QUESTION OF MY TURBO WHEN I REMOVED MY MASS AIR FLOW PIPE TO GET TO MY IAC I NOTICE THAT THERE WAS OIL IN THE TURBO INLET BELL.. IS THAT BAD ? IS THAT SOMETHING THAT I SHOULD WORRY ABOUT ? DOES THAT MEAN THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE TURBO ?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
badbuick87gn
Just to let you know, when you type in CAPS it means you are yelling, turn of the cap lock.

It would help a lot if you could list in your sig what you have done to the car. This way we won't be making blind guesses at fixes

Now to your question.
Depending on how many miles on the turbo and how it was treated, yes the seals could be leaking. But if you have not removed and blocked the passinger side rocker cover breather hose that goes to the inlet bell with a plug, you will suck oil from there. You can use an Oldsmobile water pump bypass cap to plug the hole on the inlet bell and get a couple of valve cover breathers to vent the system.

Paul

------------------
1972 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR drive train.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Quick Toy:
badbuick87gn
Just to let you know, when you type in CAPS it means you are yelling, turn of the cap lock.

It would help a lot if you could list in your sig what you have done to the car. This way we won't be making blind guesses at fixes

Now to your question.
Depending on how many miles on the turbo and how it was treated, yes the seals could be leaking. But if you have not removed and blocked the passinger side rocker cover breather hose that goes to the inlet bell with a plug, you will suck oil from there. You can use an Oldsmobile water pump bypass cap to plug the hole on the inlet bell and get a couple of valve cover breathers to vent the system.

Paul

yes i have block off the pass side valve cover with a breather

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It looks like you might have a leaking seal
Are there many miles on the turbo?

Paul

------------------
1972 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR drive train.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts