Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a GN so I have a few questions to help me from making any mistakes.

I have a neighbor with a 86'GN, to look at it you would think it had 10 miles on it, totally clean and stock but it has 170k on it and he wants $8k for it.

What year do I stay away from.
In looking at cars what questions should I ask.

What I want is a driver that will run low 13's-high 12's, I don't think that will be to hard.

I have a turbo charged 93' Ford Lightning pickup and ever since I switched from a supercharger to the turbo I hooked.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
-Joe

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
You want an 86 or 87 Turbo Regal, those are the intercooled ones. Depending on how mechanically sound the car is you can safely run mid 12s easily for about $1000 bucks.

Check out www.gnttype.org and look for the buyers guide.

Any pics of the Lightning? There are two of us on here with GEN 2s. :cool:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Yeah man post a pic of that Turbo Lightning!!! I'm the other Gen2 L owner that TTA89 refered to. What does your Turbo L run in the 1320?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have any pictures with the turbo yet, after I installed it I dynoed it 400 rwhp, 480 rwtq with 5lbs of boost. On my way home I spanked a F-body and smoked the tranny.
It's been parked, a built tranny & convertor is $2500-$3000 and I have been finishing my other toy so the truck has to wait.
My other toy is a Superformance Cobra Replica.
It has a 514" 460.

Thanks for the onfo.

-Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts