Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use Orlandos set up , right now I have a cone filter coming off MAF. No MAT that i can see, is this the sensor on the right hand front of the intake man.? would this cause car to run rough ?? also, all the numbers on the scanmaster are within acceptable ranges yet after a solid run of 16# through all gears the car seems to have a hesitation or stutter if you will once I return to normal driving any ideas??? thanks in advance. :cheers:

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
car needs a mat to run properly
i assume it must be plugged in but hanging / laying somehwere, you didn't mention a ses light
-dan

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The MAT was in the side of the air cleaner housing, when the car was stock. Well, actually in the elbow on top of the housing. Most folks drill a hole in the rubber neck on the K&N filter, and push it in there, when they get rid of stock air filter. It's threaded on the end, with two wires, one black, and one tan. They really should call it an "IAT, for inlet air, since it isn't anywhere close to manifold temp.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The mat will have very little effect on running and I doubt it has anything to do with your "roughness" :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
northerngn said:
car needs a mat to run properly
i assume it must be plugged in but hanging / laying somehwere, you didn't mention a ses light
-dan
I found it today, it's pluged into what looks like some type of aftermarket set up and is run over to the right hand side fender. It connects to a sensor, that in turn is connected to the MAP sensor via "T" and vacuum hose which then goes to vacuum block on top of plenum. Dual MAP sensors ??? :dunno: also tested coil pack today car was hot from driving. #'s as follows 13.61 14.12 13.46 I was wondering about the 14.12 seems high.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
That sounds like a TurboLink Boost sensing Harness?

If it is, it is proof that you don't need a mat :)

14K is high for a coil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts