Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so as I'm told my car should be doing better than what it is. Can you guys tell me what I should work on. The first thing I noticed im not getting any power off then line and i haven't had the money or time to install boost gauges yet so keep the critizing to a minimal lol.

.390- reaction-yeah i know i need to work on that
60-2.507
330- 6.892
69.07-mph1
10.45-660
13.530-1000
86.48-mph2

remember this is my first time running down the tack ever but this was my best time of the night

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Don't even worry about the RT..I was running 2.1-4.3 RT's last time out. All I was working on was tunning and test launching at differnt psi's. Your 60' time sucks hard..you are losing .6 off your ET.

Were you spinning off the line? Don't drive thru the water box on radials. Were is your air cleaner at? What plugs are you using?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i drive around the water hold and line up. I don't even have to worry about hooking up off the line if I hit the gas it won't spin the tires at all, I'd have to power brake it if I wanted to do that. I do use the brake to get it up to rpm but it still dies right off the line. I'm pretty sure im using bosch plugs and i have them gapped at .045.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didn't answer the rest of your question. I'm running the stock air filter box yeah i know it sucks hard. I think I am running about 8psi of boost not sure I am just a newbie to all of this turbo stuff.

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
That's not a bad time for the first time out. :cheers:

Try building up more RPM's on the launch. I will bog if I leave too easy.

Try replacing the air box with a K&N 9" cone air filter #RE-0810. You'll need a 3" connector (look in the RV sewer hose section at Wal-Mart). It will look like this when done: http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/cone82.JPG

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so this is another stupid question, where do i put the gauge to measure the boost. And another thing how do I adjust my secondaries they don't open all the way. I'm not good when it comes to turbo/quadrajets. I'm starting from scratch I guess you could say.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
The only thing you need to do for the secondaries right now is remove the lock tab at the bottom. It stops the secondaries from opening when cold and some times when warm. You can T in the vac line on the driver side vac hose going to the boost sensor.

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
you need to leave with some boost(off the line) I found that if you wait to floor the gas it will 60 ft. better but i'm running too much carb. as rich said that is not a bad time for the first time out!! :cheers:

·
1986 Grand National
666 Posts
Check this site out.

"http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/carb.html"

I happen to know the guy that did this :usa: . The best I ever ran was a 13.202 @ 100.47 MPH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts