Turbo Buick Forums banner

Putting my GN on the Dyno

619 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Screwie Louie 
#1 ·
Now that I finally got around to getting myself a Walbro 340, adjustable wastegate and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator, I have the opertunity to do a couple runs on the dyno for 30 bucks. The shop has an OTC monitor so I'll be able to set some things up while I run. I am going to start with 15# of boost and set 45# on the fuel pressure to start. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm looking for

-.76-.80 on the O2 voltage
- no more than 4 degrees of knock retard

is there a need to monitor things like integrator, block learn and filterd load variable? Also will sombody explain how to adjust the fuel pressure to obtain a good O2 reading. (does more pressure make more volts? etc.) any other tips?

shooting for 12 second land at the track tomarow after the dyno

thanks once again for any help
Joe

------------------
1986 Grand National
K&N and a paperclip

See less See more
#2 ·
Just be careful with the fact that your IC won't be much help in lowering the intake air temp.
This may cause knock that you won't have with the same settings on the road/track.

Good luck
Post your results
Adam

G
#3 ·
You really want to see if the shop has a wide band O2 sensor.On my last dyno runs the wide band info was considered gold. Tunning only by looking at the wide band i gained about 30 hp same boost levels. With more time and plaiyng with boost the gains would have been alot greater.

Good luck
Louie

------------------

87 Grand National
Champion ported intake, alum. heads,210/210 billet w- T&D 1.65's,Limit Eng. TE 45,THDP, CAS V2, PMAC, 9.5PI LU,Stage Right TB,
72# with ME TW.

95 Ford Lightning
One rusty car trailer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.