Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate this time of year. I wish I had enough room to keep it at my house, but come November, the snowmobiles take their place on my pad, my truck goes into the garage along with the wifes car, and the GN goes into storage. I wonder if it's having dreams of racing down the 1/4 mile, or beating up on some ricer,,,,wait, I think that was my dream! Come on April! Thanks to everyone who helped me get this car running and fine tune it all summer. Ken. cheers

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Seal your tailpipes up. Keeps mice from trying to make the exhaust pipe their home.

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Heh,Heh.A friend of mine stored his Cutlass outside for a winter and numerous species moved in and called it home! eek! When he started it up in the spring,mice came shooting out of every possible hole.That wasnt the end of it.Sitting under a tree let the garden spiders move in too.So for the first few weeks spiders were everywhere.Do you know what its like trying to drive with spiders crawling up your leg,your arm,in your hair,running across the dashboard,dropping from the ceiling?Not fun. yup

·
Registered
141 Posts
Speaking of storage I have noticed that placing moth balls in little pie tin's under the hood and inside the car keeps most critters away including mice and most bugs.

Ever since I had some mice eat my wiring in one of my boats and trucks.Also wasps madee lots of nests in my boat the same year ever since then I have used this trick with good results(knock on wood.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anybody heard of using fabric softener sheets in the car and under the hood????? Somebody told me to use these instead of moth balls!!!!

1986 Buick Regal T-type
Dk. Blue Metallic w/tan leather int.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I did the steel wool in the tail pipes, and the cold air intake, I put mothballs in a plastic bottle, and kept the top off, put on inside the car, 1 in the trunk, and one under the hood. I even took the hood insulator out, because it became a mouse nest last winter, totaly ruined it, smelled like mouse shi*!I put some Sta-Bil in the fuel, and topped the tank off. So, I should be all set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts