Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that 5.5mm socket was a joke when I first got my tool set. It got a workout today. what a pain it is to get the speedo cable out too.

a guy here says he can recalibrate the tach and boost gauge if you send him the gauge, the MAP sensor, and a check for $35

I was sick of cruising down the interstate with it showing 7#'s and 6000 rpm.

Joe

------------------
1986 Buick Grand National
TA-49 Turbo, 009's, Hooker cat back, CAS V4, Art Carr 3000 stall, BGC 3'' Downpipe, ported elbow and all the other usual stuff.
Buick, Go fast with class
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do know that Casper's does fix and recalibrate the tach/boost guage as well...That price he quoted you seems a bit cheap...Are you sure he has done them before??? Maybe he thinks it's a standard mechanical tach/boost guage and not the bargraph type like what is in our cars...Not a flame, just throwing out more info...

Here's the ad from Casper's website... http://www.casperselectronics.com/cgi-local/store/commerce.cgi?product=SVC It's the last ad on that page...
102057 1984-1987
Bargraph Boost/Tach
Module REPAIR
This component is found on the analog dash panel, Grand National and T-Type 1984-1987 across from the FUEL gage, secured by two screws and a connector. Part is no longer available from GM. Send us your defective Bargraph Boost/Tach module as shown in the image above, and we'll repair and re-calibrate it to "as-new" condition. One year warranty on repairs. Must be repairable and in original condition with all wiring and circuits intact. DOES NOT INCLUDE bargraph module - you send us your module for service and repair. Repair: $129.00

------------------
Jim
[email protected]
85 GN
87 T
66 Skylark

[This message has been edited by FJM568 (edited May 02, 2002).]

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I have met the guy that is doing this work in our local club. He has an analog dash car himself. He fixed his own tach and boost gauge. His is calibrated and works perfect. He must know what's involved and he's only charging $35 ! Take advantage of it if you want

I am glad I am not plagued by that pesky analog dash with the silly LEDS

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
since my GN was optioned like a chevette, I just call it a race car

Joe

------------------
1986 Buick Grand National
TA-49 Turbo, 009's, Hooker cat back, CAS V4, Art Carr 3000 stall, BGC 3'' Downpipe, ported elbow and all the other usual stuff.
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts