Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a breakin period for a new turbo?Or can i go ahead & turn it up"Currently set at 7 lbs"Thats what PTE had accuator set at"its really loose"I do have a new turbo & fresh eng."25 miles on both" 7 lbs keeps me goverened

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Isn't there a break in period for the new engine?

Turbo's it doesn't matter if they are getting clean oil.

I wouldn't be in the boost at all with a new engine for at least 500 miles. But then again, I have been known to be paranoid.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Zap said paranormal, but heck, what's a few letters between friends?

Turbo needs nothing...that engine should be nurse along for 500-1000 miles...after 500 miles, raise the boost to aoubt 13-14# but don't make a habit out of trying it out.

After a 1000, cut the oil filter open and check for metal, check for leaks, loose bolts, etc. and then go for it...that is my advice.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Some of us cannot afford to do total rebuilds because it "Let us know", Jessie. That's the reason we take it easy and check for metal in the oil rather than seeing if it blows up.

There really is very little breaking in that is required on a properly built engine today.

It's things like crank thrust problems, cam sensor/oil pump mating problems, etc. that we would like to catch before we begin to put serious stress on the latest money pit.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured to change the oil again @ 500mi. & turn it up to 12lbs @ 1000mi. & @ 1500mi.see whats going to happen @17lbs?I to do not want to see what i can break!I will NOT rebuild this thing again"So a easy breakin it will be.
Thanks"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts