Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
speaking with an autozone guy today, he told me that one of his recent customers came in with "a very late model 1981 grand national PROTOTYPE". the man claimed that his grand mother left him the car after passing away and it had only 22,000 miles. this car was tan colored by the way. any truth to this story, just out of curiosity?

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
wh1-t said:
speaking with an autozone guy today, he told me that one of his recent customers came in with "a very late model 1981 grand national PROTOTYPE". the man claimed that his grand mother left him the car after passing away and it had only 22,000 miles. this car was tan colored by the way. any truth to this story, just out of curiosity?
That would probably be a 1981 Turbo Regal. Same as a T Type, but officially called a Sport Coupe. Often mistaken for a Grand National.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
I was thinking, wasn't any carb-turbo a prototype for the GN?

Hey WH1. I used to live in the Omaha area. I may know you. I don't recall any WH1 cars except for the 85 I almost bought back around 95 or so. What's your name if you dont mind me asking?

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's a good chance neither one those guys knew what they were talking about, the parts guy said it was "definitely" a grand national (as he must have noticed the weird look i was giving him). i just wanted to see if there was any possible truth to to it. i guess i do recall now him saying his grams bought it new, well how did grandma get her hands on a prototype! anyway, turbofish, my name is todd breitkreutz and i haven't had my car but a couple months now, it came from texas. i did have an 87 monte carlo ss AREOCOUPE and a 90 454SS pickup. i also used to be a manager at the parts america/advance auto on north 90th. if you ever went in there from roughly 98-02 i was probably there, pissed off as usual.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
I dont recall if I ever made it to your store. Mom lives out at 90th and Maple so I probally stopped by and bought a light bulb or a quart of oil at sometime. I lived out in Papillion and worked at Beardmore Chevy and moved in the spring of 2000. You probally saw me at Paradise on Wednsday night or at Scribner on the weekends. If I ever make it back I'll have to give you and the other Buick guys a call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this makes me wonder if it's not one of the non turbo 82 cars.there were a few produced that said grand national with a buick bird graphic on the 1/4's. they weren't black tho. it sticks in my head that they were charcoal over silver, 4.1 4bbl cars.

it's been 20 yrs since i've seen one and i only saw one.

it's doubtful and was probably a black turbo car.

mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts