Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, after running around with my dump open for nearly a year i decided to hook my pipes back up and take her for a spin, while im out i noticed i cant build any boost on the line nor can i get the tires to turn over. now dont take this wrong this is not a slow car i out paced a rt10 a month ago so i know ive got some good parts in to her.any ideas why i cant build any boost?

also my cars geting sloppy on the 2-3 shift, i have to let off the gas and stab it again before it will shift at full throttle, it just slips and revs the car to high. my guss is theres not enough pressure to shift would a shift kit cure this problem?

·
Registered
451 Posts
My first guess would be your exhaust system has a restriction some place. Back when I would have a little difference in spool up between dump pipe and full exhaust.

As for having to let off to get the car to shift I would think you need to adjust your TV cable. It will cause problems like you are talking about.

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I would unplug the dump and see if the spool comes back. If it does, then you know it is the exhaust as suggested above.

If you adjust your tv cable and the shift does not come back, then it is probably too late for anything but some tranny work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok the spool up aint commen back even with the exhaust unhooked so the problems some where else. also the car seems stronger at 3/4 throttle then full throttle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The no-shift problem could be the transmission governor springs. If you overdo the burnout it will throw the springs and then the trans will not shift 2 to 3 without backing off.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
waylon jackson:
ok the spool up aint commen back even with the exhaust unhooked so the problems some where else. also the car seems stronger at 3/4 throttle then full throttle.
Prolly cause there is more timing at part throttle than WOT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts