Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I first got 89 Turbo TA back in 94. After storage for the winter. I went to get my car out. I hooked the battery back up went around to start turned the key and nothing. Went to pontiac dealership and they told me how to reset security device. Not a big problem once but the older the car gets the more it wont crank over (and not only when battery has been un plugged or dead). Is there somthing else that causes the car to not crank over when key is turned (ignoring obvious) dead batt. bad starter). If it is the security is there a way to fix or evan bypass.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
starter disable thats located on the left side down by your feet .. do a search .. there has been info about it :cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
its the GM VATS System. the pellet in the chip is a resistance. there is a theft deterent sensor in the igntion. the resistance completes the circuit. theres usualy one of 2 things wrong with it. A- dirty contacts in the igntion or on the key. i clean them with electrical contact cleaner. or theres an intermitant open in the wireing in the column- usualy on tilt columns from being used so much. you can measure the resistance in the key, cut the wires going up the column and install a resistor that equals the resistance in the key chip. you will be fooling the module into thinking that the correct key is in the ignition- then you can get regular keys made- no more 25$ keys :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts