1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
OMG.....are they serious? :crazy:

·
Not a Selfproclaimed guru
420 Posts
"Just checked my Consumer Reports auto issue from last year and they managed an 18.1 @78 mph so mid 17s is certainly a good target to shoot for. Be sure to let us know how it does."

:eek2:

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
The only advantage I see with Hybrids is City mileage. My Honda Civic gets 32/45 which for me is fine given how much more the Hybrid costs and something everyone overlooks.... the batteries, etc.... that will have to be replaced at some point.

·
8,392 Posts
I beat a Prius just last week......with my bicycle.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
CallMeMud said:
The only advantage I see with Hybrids is City mileage. My Honda Civic gets 32/45 which for me is fine given how much more the Hybrid costs and something everyone overlooks.... the batteries, etc.... that will have to be replaced at some point.
Yep, thats all the the hype and BS you have to weed through and you'll see its just a snow job to lure the clueless into the showroom.

I laugh everytime the Toyota and Honda commercials are on TV. They say that they have the best MPG figures in the industry. 60 MPG in a Prius. Sure, just drive 10MPH all day long and you'll get a better figure than that. Actually I think somebody figured out that the highway MPG figures were lower than a non-hybrid model. Not much, just 1 or 2 MPG. What people dont relize is that these two companies are pumping out gas guzzling trucks and SUV's on the other end. I.e the V-8 Toyota doesn't get any higher than 17 MPG and the Ridgeline only gets 16MPG. Hell freezes over. A Honda that cant even get into the 20's. Who'd have thought the day would come. And dont you dare by one of these POS hybrids used with out an extended warranty. I've heard those batteries are in the 4 digit range. I used to sell parts for the electic S-10's and the ECU was in the $4K range and the battery pack could set you back another $3K. GM would buy them back if there were any issues under warranty. You were on your own after that. They too could beat the 4 cylinders in a drag race. Tons of fun to drive. My favorite hybrid is the Silverado. At least when the power goes out in your house you can use it as a generator. They are rated at 6KW. What I'm waiting for is for some company to come out with a coupe or sports car hybrid. At least you wouldn't look like dork doing the stop light grand prix with it.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
I read in some car magazine an article about how these 'hybrid' cars are a curse in disguise. As Call Me Mud said, what people aren't realizing is that these batteries will have to be disposed of at some given time and replaced. Between the cost of these batteries and the amount of environmental damage from disposing of these batteries, I really don't see where hybrids are a viable alternative.

I also like the new Toyota commercials who say "You can get 450 miles on a tank of gas" in one of their SUVs. SURE!! Any car can get 450 miles if you put a big enough gas tank in it. How stupid can these people be??

·
Help computer!
913 Posts
Lol!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
"I raced the 400h against a viper on a roll start.. he couldn't catch up. lol"

This is obviously tongue in cheek or the work of trolls. If not, then my head will likely explode in 3...2...1...

·
where's my postcard???
594 Posts
Decal on the back of a Suburban: "My SUV can beat up your Prius"

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i needed to laugh. anyone ever drive one of these? its like driving a golf cart! the best quote..
we were at a really really low speed.. like 15mpg
. WTF?!

the funny thing is my mom's TDI while costs about the same.. can and will do over 100. oh yeah.. combo driving she's getting anywhere from 39-43mpg. oh and the car has real luxury..

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
Hahaha,...reading it again along with a few here at work and it's just as funny. :D

We are thinking we may pull a Wave off the lot and hunt down some of these street killers... :headbang: :rolleyes:

·
Too many black cars!
430 Posts
"I can beat a Ferrari Enzo from 0-6 mph"

... THAT's priceless ... can't count the number of "0-6 mph" races I've been in! :rotflmao:

A review of the Prius ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_5VfwihIpo&search=top gear prius

Best line:

"The Prius is so slow the child running into the street can retrieve his ball and grow to puberty before you would hit him"

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Zap said:
:rotflmao: :LOL:
What's so funny? You think your flinstone powered Riv can beat one? :rant: You earth killer!! :sw:

Prius-racer said:
the car has an insane amount of torque of the line and i just wanted to see what if any has any one else raced and what were the results of that.
I feel cheated the prius I took for a ride was a slug. It couldn't even spin the 10" tires on it. :(

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
thats bad even a geo can chirp the tire

·
Registered
381 Posts
DCEPTCN said:
"I raced the 400h against a viper on a roll start.. he couldn't catch up. lol"

This is obviously tongue in cheek or the work of trolls. If not, then my head will likely explode in 3...2...1...

Sylan I think we both know what needs to be done :headbang: :6:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts