Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for you daily drivers, do you always crank the car for say 15 seconds before cold start up to prime the oiling system? How fast does the oil get to all the parts when you start the car up?

I read something on the SOURCE newsletter about priming oiling system. I think it said to turn ignition on engine off, go WOT, and crank the car. I was wondering if anyone ever tried this technique before to prime the oiling sytem. CUrrently I have to get under the hood and disconnect th orange wire and get back in the car and crank away.

------------------
87 GN Hardtop~ stock motor, stock intercooler, TE 51 w/.63 exhaust housing,big mouth cold air induction, hotwired walboro 340, MSD 50's, cold air induction, stock TB and plenum, THDP, 3" ATR dual exhaust, 10 mm Magnecor wries, B&M tranny cooler, performance transmissions deep aluminum pan, Dynotech shift kit, VDO gauges, Autometer boost gauge, SMC alchy injection, PTE remote oil system, ATR 3" maf pipe, scanmaster 2

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Unless its a brand new eng " Just crank it up & let it do its thing' Snot going to hurt a thing!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
My car gets driven most everyday in the winter. Most it's sat is 3 days or so during the winter.

I just get in and crank it 'til it starts.

10-30 Valvoline dino. oil. Worked for 14 years and 133K miles so far...

No garage either.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I went overboard and installed a Accusump system. It hold an extra 2quarts of oil and has auto solenoid so when I turn the key it primes the oil system with 40-80psi of oil pressure. And if I loose oil pressure from lost oil,motor internal failure it will turn on at 5-7psi and keep oil pressure for about 2 minutes until i shut it down.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just ordered a pre-luber which does the same thing. Pre and post lube. but its at a much huigher psi. I think it is like 50psi or so.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts