Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use this to backflush the radiator? I have it, read the directions and still am unsure how to connect it :eek: dunno

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, works good too. They tell you to cut into your heater hose and insert the T. Connect the hose to the t and turn the hose and the car on. Leave the radiator cap off and it will flush the whole system out. What I do is take the end of teh hose off the heater core, insert the T and then add an extra piece of hose on the end. When I'm done, I remove the T and the extra hose, so I dont leave that stupid looking thing under my hood.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i don't wanna have that stupid T in the car too. :D
Which heater hose do I stick the T in and put an extra hose? The one with the water valve or the other one by the passenger side?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size would the extra hose be?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when you say 3/4 or 5/8 do you mean outside or inside diameter?

·
Registered
683 Posts
The hose sizes are the ID. Remove the heater control valve and connect the flushing T there, remove the Rad cap and install the overflow elbow there, and flush away! Always install distilled water plus antifreeze 50/50 or plain water plus RM125 additive for the warmer months only. Gene

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yep, IC. I recommend the RMI25 or Water Wetter and distilled water route, but only from word of mouth...not experience yet. Seems if you blow your head gaskets and only run water, you won't damage anything, as if you were using antifreeze. Considering my antifreeze looks like a mix of baby piss and puke, it's due for a serious flushing...then I'm gonna go with RMI and water only. When you flush your system, do it on the grass or you'll flood your driveway out quick. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you have to put a hose on the deflector tube so you can extend it over the front of the car? That way you won't have to worry about the old antifreeze getting on the paint.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
another question popped up. When you're backflushing, should the radiator drain be opened or closed?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so should the radiator drain be opened or closed while backflushing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts