Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno: well,here goes it,i have a 4.1 l bored .30 with the speed pro coated psitons,total seal ts series gapless second rings,coated bearings,cam,main and rod,cat forged crank,balanced...comp cams 480 lift cam?(dont have cam card in front of me) roller everything,com cams 8.850 hardened push rods,champion gn1 r heads,65 mm thb and dog house port matched,race plate and pullies... full set,3400 lock up,hardened stator,boxed uppers and lowers,ta 49 .009s,th down pipe..3" with dump,3.5 inch maf with translator,dutt neck cooler,carter 110 chip,275 60 15 nitto 555s,weld alumastars,(weight) 5 inch skinny up front( weight)aluminum drums,turbonetics adjustable in car,carr trans internals,all new... hot wired walbro as well..... all new this winter... lol....(yes i sleep in the dog house)
any thought what this set up may run?or on this combo? i have a t63 in the near future as well once this is broken in with the smaller turbo... :confused:
thoughts on the intercooler with the 49 and the 63?ok to use this dutt neck itc?for now?oh,all arp studs...ALL... lol should be reliable?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Somewhere between high 11's and high 13's. Too many unknowns like your driving and tuning skills. Get a timeslip and we can work from it. :sw:

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
14.8 @ 93mph...I said it first

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
what it should run and what it does run can often be a big gap..run it and start tuning it :)

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Get rid of the 009's. Minimum injector you should have in that 4.1 would be 60's assuming you don't want to modify the ECM. I ran my 4.1, 50# injectors and a TA-49 turbo to 11.40 @ 118mph without beating the motor up. If you are contemplating the larger turbo I would jump right into the 75# injectors with ECM mod and be done with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i didnt think this made it on... my computer sh*tted out in the middle of the post.the injectors and the 49 are all that i used from the old set up.my reaction times are usually a .550 or under on amateur trees...but my 60 ft with the old converter stunk... couldnt get below a 2.0.i have a 66 on the way,and injectors.i want 10s... that is what i was hoping for.its going in right now... primed it last night.soo time slips in the next week,definatly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts