Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right me and my father were preparing to install a 86 monte carlo brake system into the gn today. What we can't figure out is where do the be-damned electrical cables go after you install the new brake system? There's the clip to the switch on top, and the one to the e-h pump. I know a few of you guys have done this properly, and none of the people I've emailed from the gnttype articles have replied yet.

Thanks in advance,
Benny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, ok. So I should just tape them up and hide em? I though those things had some external function that goes to the rear lights or something.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. That's where I got the idea. It was just one of those specifics they left out you know? Now I can depreciate my car with confidence tomorrow! Heh

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Originally posted by dinealone:
Yeah. That's where I got the idea. It was just one of those specifics they left out you know? Now I can depreciate my car with confidence tomorrow! Heh
DEPRECIATE!!!
Anytime you do something to a car to improve it's stopping ability is an investment in my book.
If you decide to sell your GN at a later date. Put the PMS Brake Unit in the trunk of the car with other spare parts.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I think most people would consider a car with the brakes already converted to be a selling feature.

------------------

'87 GN - Stock Block, Stock Cam, Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
11.92 @ 111.77mph

'87 Mazda RX-7 w/GN Powerplant
11.15 @ 120 MPH
Visit : http://www.MisRed.com

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts