Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a driver's power seat track out of an '84 GN. I've tested the track, and it functions normally. The problem is that the center contol on the seat switch is broken. Its the one that controls the fore & aft and up & down motion of the track. The switch works, just that little knob in the middle is broken off. I've got three power seat switches here from other GM vehicles from the late '70s to early '90s, and none of them match up. I even tried taking the switches apart, to see if I could just swap the center knob into the GN switch, but the internals on the other switches are different. I could inquire at a GM dealer, but I would imagine that the switch was discontinued long ago now. Has anyone here run into a similiar problem, or have any idea where I might look to find a replacement switch? Thanks in advance.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
power seat switch

I recently purchased a driver's power seat track out of an '84 GN. I've tested the track, and it functions normally. The problem is that the center contol on the seat switch is broken. Its the one that controls the fore & aft and up & down motion of the track. The switch works, just that little knob in the middle is broken off. I've got three power seat switches here from other GM vehicles from the late '70s to early '90s, and none of them match up. I even tried taking the switches apart, to see if I could just swap the center knob into the GN switch, but the internals on the other switches are different. I could inquire at a GM dealer, but I would imagine that the switch was discontinued long ago now. Has anyone here run into a similiar problem, or have any idea where I might look to find a replacement switch? Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Id give Brian Weaver a call at GBody Parts.

:cheers:

dave

·
blank
2,898 Posts
WOW, Rockauto want over a hundred for it,
AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S2003

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted G body parts. They replied, saying that they have 3 of these switches (used) in stock, at $45.00/ea, plus shipping. I'm going to get one from them. Thanks all, for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts