Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Turbo buick two weeks ago and just yesterday I have encountered my first mechanical challenge. the electric motor on the Power Master Brake system took a dump on me. I have shopped around on the net and found the best price from JaysGN at $389. Which is a lot better than what my local Buick dealership wants - $853. While looking on the net I came across Master Power Brakes and saw that they make a conversion kit to replace the Power Master unit with a typical brake booster and master cylinder. The kit cost 495.00. My qusetion is have any of you tryed this kit? And if so how as it worked? Should I just replace Power Master? If I do will it hold up on me? Any info some of you veterans can provide would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Powermaster brake Systems (PMS 4 short) are like women.
For the most part... Nothing but trouble.

......... Just venting on a current situation.

Good luck on your swap.

·
Registered
53 Posts
convert it to vacuum and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks Steve!

I am not going to bash vac conversions cause they are an alternative, no doubt. But $495??? If you are smart and shop around a complete new PM can be had for less. In round numbers and on the high end: My pump/motor, $150, switch, $150, accumulator, $150 = $450.

Just food for thought..............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts