Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cannot get any info on removal and install.. tried a search here and on gnttype but the tech section does not seem to be working...I have never done one had the dealer do mine but seeing as the doors are off this car Jeff and I are going to change his out.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
two articles listed here that work for me http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/bodygauges/interiorpage.html

it's quite easy...takes about an hour

also helps to loosen the bolts along the top of the fender from cowl to radiator support to allow the fender to swivel....when you pull the fender out, stick a 2x4 in the gap so you can safely stick your arm in there without getting nicked on the sheet metal.

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve Wood said:
two articles listed here that work for me http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/bodygauges/interiorpage.html

it's quite easy...takes about an hour

also helps to loosen the bolts along the top of the fender from cowl to radiator support to allow the fender to swivel....when you pull the fender out, stick a 2x4 in the gap so you can safely stick your arm in there without getting nicked on the sheet metal.

thanks could not get that section to come up kept getting error message :cheers:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I did one a few months back...worst problem occurred when I let the fender swing back and it went on the wrong side of the inner fender...had to pull it back out and convince the inner fender to mate correctly...first time that ever happened :)

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never did one before when mine went back in 96 it only cost me $125 for new antenna inc install...it was August and I did not have a garage..its was a Sweat + Labor = cheaper to have someone else do it...but now that doors and hood are off and car is on a lift figured it would be easier now than
Jeff doing it when he gets the car back.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sean,

I have those instructions and plan to print and bring tomorrow. Thanks for checking it out for me!

Jeff

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Low Budget said:
Sean,

I have those instructions and plan to print and bring tomorrow. Thanks for checking it out for me!

Jeff
well now we both have copies...I think we should be able to figure it out

·
Registered
429 Posts
gbsean said:
well now we both have copies...I think we should be able to figure it out

If you already printed them, I won't bother repeating the task.

I'm sure we will be able to figure it out too. I got the antenna yesterday.

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Low Budget said:
If you already printed them, I won't bother repeating the task.

I'm sure we will be able to figure it out too. I got the antenna yesterday.
yep done and in truck already so I don't forget them...cool don't worry about getting me anything for lunch :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
gbsean said:
yep done and in truck already so I don't forget them...cool don't worry about getting me anything for lunch :D

A favorite liquid refreshment perhaps?? :cheers:

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Low Budget said:
A favorite liquid refreshment perhaps?? :cheers:
Fosters Molson Ice, Labatt's Ice , that would be fine :cool: :yup:

·
Registered
429 Posts
gbsean said:
Fosters Molson Ice, Labatt's Ice , that would be fine :cool: :yup:

Anyplace close to you where I can stop so it is in fact still ice when I get there?

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Low Budget said:
Anyplace close to you where I can stop so it is in fact still ice when I get there?
oh and all work stops at 3pm for Football Argentina vs. Mexico....yep when you are coming up 46 just at light before the lake there is Sandy's Liquors...they carry all my favorites... :yup: :cheers:

·
Registered
429 Posts
gbsean said:
oh and all work stops at 3pm for Football Argentina vs. Mexico....yep when you are coming up 46 just at light before the lake there is Sandy's Liquors...they carry all my favorites... :yup: :cheers:

Dammit man!! :pissed:

You ain't Argentinian or Mexican!!

Alrighty then...thanks for the location on the brew, and I'll try to get there by 11 instead of 12.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
so? how badly did it go? :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Steve Wood said:
so? how badly did it go? :D

If you mean how did the antenna install go, pretty good. We used a combination of the new antenna, and old plastic piece that gives the correct fender angle to the antenna. The new parts had the right angle, but they were too big diameter wise to look as good as the original. The hardest part was bending the supplied bracket (strap with holes) into the correct shape. Sean got it just right though...my hero! :)

Oh, btw...the fender did get caught on the inner fender for us too.

·
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put the fender clip on last night and buttoned everything up...it was fine...alot easier to do when car is up on a lift :) ...thanks for the help SW :sw:

·
Registered
429 Posts
gbsean said:
I put the fender clip on last night and buttoned everything up...it was fine...alot easier to do when car is up on a lift :) ...thanks for the help SW :sw:

Cool! WTF is SW? I see that is what the old guy icon is called too. Coincidence? Doubt it very much, but... :dunno:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Low Budget said:
Cool! WTF is SW? I see that is what the old guy icon is called too. Coincidence? Doubt it very much, but... :dunno:
Man, I've been looking for a question like this for a long time.

SW=Steve Woods

·
Registered
429 Posts
wmsonta said:
Man, I've been looking for a question like this for a long time.

SW=Steve Woods

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Glad to be the dip sh!t who couldn't figure it out for himself!

Crap...why me Lord? :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.