Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an 87 GN and want to know if I have the power antenna option and if I do how do I get it to work? Can I tell it is a power antenna just by looking at it or do I need to go to the RPO codes? I have the original build sheet and dealership invoice. I do not have the original radio in the car someone installed a CD player so will that affect the function of the power antenna?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Code is US7 Automatic Power Antenna $70

On the window sticker anyway. :)

Should be on the trunk label as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not have US7 in my RPO codes but I do have a V73: Antenna, Fixed Radio. So is it safe to assume I do not have the power antenna option? In my readings I thought that was a standard option.

<small>[ June 22, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: kuku ]</small>

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
The power antenna is one of those things in my garage somewhere that I plan on installing on the GN. Mine came with the fixed unit and I always wanted the power one. Problem is they aren't exactly cake to switch out. The passenger fender needs to come partly off so the actual units can be swapped, but the big pain is adding the missing wiring harness that runs to the radio. It consists of a few wires, a relay and some big connectors. The thought of getting those through the firewall has made me queezy, hence I haven't tackled the project yet frown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts