Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"BUICK'S finest BUICK"
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I hope that everyone is doing well. I look forward to seeing everyone at a car show.

Last season, my buick was slightly acting up. I was driving home with my son from an ice cream and noticed that the lock up was not disengaging. When I would come to a stop it would slightly jerk as a manual transmission left in gear. When I would drive off it would lock up immediately (early).

Could this issue be the lock up torque converter solenoid? I was looking up this issue online and I think it is the solenoid.

Any thoughts? If it is that, does anyone have an original lock up torque converter sensor for my buick. I called GM and Glen NOS and its discontinued.

Thank you everyone,

Michael

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
That's exactly how mine acted when it died. As for parts??? Maybe one of the transmission builders have one or a used from GBodyParts.com Online :dunno:

·
"BUICK'S finest BUICK"
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey David,

Thank you for your reply. Is that the problem...the lock up torque converter solenoid and if so is it easy to replace?. I think I have to drop the tranny pan and do a oil and filter change as well.

Thank you. See you soon!!

Michael

·
blank
2,898 Posts
I don't think there are problems with aftermarket ones, believe thats what kirban has been selling all along.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Hey David,

Thank you for your reply. Is that the problem...the lock up torque converter solenoid and if so is it easy to replace?. I think I have to drop the tranny pan and do a oil and filter change as well.

Thank you. See you soon!!

Michael
When you ultimately drop the tranny pan make sure you add a drain plug!
I still wonder why trans pans never had one right out of the factory? :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.