Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't frequent the other "other board" I am making a real push to get out of Turbo Buicks: Getting Out of Turbo Buicks... aka Kicking the Habit

Over the years I have played with selling my Buick for a variety of reasons and had little success (like other people around here trying to do the same). Part of the problem is the asking price assessed as against the modifications (there is no value added for aftermarket parts), the nature of the car (not being the typical GN/TR receipe car), and being overly complicated for the average prospective owner (it even gives me fits from time to time).

As such I am going to start simplifying my car in the interest of making a sale. If you are interested in any of the parts listed here: http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/b...unding-areas/92956-fs-1987-buick-regal-t.html

Please PM me with your interests and we'll see if we can't work something out to get you moving faster, and get me moving on. I haven't assessed a value to anything in the car so just let me know what parts interest you.

Whatever your interests or offers are, please note that I may be either parting it out, or putting it as closely back to stock as possible (which means your good stock parts + cash). Somehow, I have a funny feeling that I will be "Tim-ing" this car and doing a full part out simply because most people today are too cheap to see the value in something, much less pay for it.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Mike...good luck with the sale or part out. The only reason I still have my GN is to race with the guys in the Kingston/Belleville area. If those core guys get out of racing...then mine goes up on the block next.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Mike
Good Luck with either option. :cheers:

"Whatever your interests or offers are, please note that I may be either parting it out, or putting it as closely back to stock as possible (which means your good stock parts + cash). Somehow, I have a funny feeling that I will be "Tim-ing" this car and doing a full part out simply because most people today are too cheap to see the value in something, much less pay for it.[/

Exactly! I'm better off having my car stolen than selling since the difference would be roughly $10K which to me seems crazy? Parting it or going stock would make more $$ than just selling "modded" but also a lot of work as well! So if you invest 50+ hours parting it out, is it really more $$ after you add for your labour to do all that work? :dunno:

Better off leaving the keys in the car everywhere you go or driving into a brick wall!! :rant:

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you David, there is an aspect of diminishing returns. However, in my case demodding the Buick has the added benefit of swapping some of those common parts over to the wagon (especially the wheels, brakes and suspension).

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I agree with you David, there is an aspect of diminishing returns. However, in my case demodding the Buick has the added benefit of swapping some of those common parts over to the wagon (especially the wheels, brakes and suspension).
That's enuf to justify the labour right there. I like the Wagons so it will be neat to see what you finally create when finished! :yup:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
MHM,

Good luck with the sale / demodification of your car.

It's times like these that I remember why I bought my car and have invested WAY too much into it.... so that my son can enjoy it when I am gone. :yup:

Again, good luck,

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi Mike. I can understand why you're doing what you're doing, but to me, its a bit of a shame. Anyway, can I assume that everything that you have listed in the previous post is available, all as separate parts for sale? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of wagon are you building?

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's times like these that I remember why I bought my car and have invested WAY too much into it.... so that my son can enjoy it when I am gone. :yup:
The problem is I can't enjoy it with my family now. The rollbar is a horrible hindrance (safety), as is the lack of A/C and overdrive, and it rides like a bucket of bolts.

Anyway, can I assume that everything that you have listed in the previous post is available, all as separate parts for sale? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of wagon are you building?
More or less, yes (some may need stockish replacements). Less the stuff I am keeping for myself; and it will also depend on if the car leaves running or rolling.

As for the wagon it is going to do what the Buick, Monte and Camaro can't do: carry a growing family and their stuff everywhere.

From the day our daughter was born 14 weeks ago (and knowing kid #2 is just a few years off) I wanted something the family could enjoy anywhere, anytime. This meant AC, cruise control, an overdrive transmission, good handling, good power (maybe enough potential to run high 10s?) and for God's sake: reliability.

Right now my drivetrain options are looking like either an LS3/TR6060 swap from eBay, L92/6L80E swap from eBay, or parting out our Camaro for the LS1 and getting my mitts on a stout 6 speed manual to back it.

After that... boost. :D My brother and I are working out our options for this.

If I can keep the car under 3500lbs this should turn out nicely.

Then road trips (Power Tour and Drag Week), some racing (auto-x, lapping days, the drags) and seriously just having fun.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Grumpy has a real nice wagon with a GN drive train already in and tweaked. I thought about buying it when the previous owner had it for sale but Grumpy got to it first. I think he is selling it:dunno: I have some stock stuff, air box etc if you want I would trade just to help you out, I just have too much stuff period:yup: Mike I would trade what ever you want,just have a look at my stuff for sale and let me know if it would help.

Thanks
Kevin:cheers:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi Mike. Congratulations on your recent parenthood. You've just begun an interesting journey. Your wagon plans are intriguing. Do you have a particular type/style of wagon in mind? Are you talking an A/G body wagon?

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Mike. Congratulations on your recent parenthood. You've just begun an interesting journey. Your wagon plans are intriguing. Do you have a particular type/style of wagon in mind? Are you talking an A/G body wagon?
Thanks!

Oh and we already "have" the wagon (pic below, it is an '80 Le Mans), just waiting for it to ship up from Kansas. There is a link to the eBay auction in the first post on IHADAV8.com.

The "theme" is to build something along the lines of this: 1963 Pontiac Tempest Station Wagon 421 Super Duty, 1 of 6 Produced for sale by Mecum Auction

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks like an interesting project. I'd be curious to see how it goes. If you could post a build thread, or a link to a build thread, I'd like to follow it.

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like an interesting project. I'd be curious to see how it goes. If you could post a build thread, or a link to a build thread, I'd like to follow it.
I'll probably start one on LS1Tech.com... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts