Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam going to port a set of heads for my motor just want to know where i should i put most of my time in what area (ie port,combustion chamber,short radius,roof) using SS valves 1.77 intake 1.50 exhaus .TIA.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I think you will get a good bang for your buck if you work the bowls. Do you have a copy of the Buick Power Source book, there are some good templates to use on pages 65 - 68.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can i get a copy of the power source book,thanks for the info paul.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Steady,

As ULYCYC stated the power source book has been out of print for a number of years. I can scan the templates for you and email them to you if you want. I will include a scale so that if the dimensions get changed then you can blow it up a bit or reduce it a bit if needed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul that will help alot thank you. AL

·
Missing 2 Cylinders???
1,150 Posts
Just wondering if you guys think these templetes would be to aggressive for a very mild cam, stock D5, with a ta49 combo?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I will like to know where can i get some performance heads for my factory 3.8 block. i was told to get a set of M&A`s or champion cylinder heads. what would you guy`s recommend?.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Steady slamming, I will scan and email these tomorrow night.

Getchasum, these would be fine for your configuration.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Be very careful how you use those templates, some have ground into the water jackets, (floor of the port) (A bowl port will get most all needed flow improvements) I just had a set done locally for $350 not including, crack checking, etc. Doing the complete work including valves, bronze lined guides, machined the guides for PC valve seals, frost plugs and everything painted for $750. Not CNC machined or flow tested but all needed for a street car. Gene

1 - 10 of 10 Posts