Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blasting around 20 PSI with the alchy and it popped a couple of times. One time it shut off. I have a brand new GM AC Delco Cam sensor so what could be wrong. It isn't speed induced because I had it happen when it was pulling extremely hard and when it was just putting along. I set it at 25 degrees with Casper's setting tool when I installed it. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
try turning the cam sensor another 1/8"-1/4" CCW

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve,

I searched out that code and many people were pointing to the module. Think it could be? Only reason I ask is because the car should run with the cam sensor disconnected after you start it. I saw an old post on the other board where someone fixed theirs with a new module. You think maybe I am at the edge of the window or something?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If you go to my site below and go thru the trouble shooting sequence for 41, it would appear to be either the module or the wiring.

I suggested bumping the sensor as 1), I did not see your code 41 in the title, and 2) because it is not all that uncommon to have a popping problem when using a longer duration cam and moving the sensor a bit further seems to start the fueling a bit earlier and prevents a lean pop.

Some also move the balancer a bit off the 1.45" to make up for the cam duration.

If you go to my site and look at the cam sensor install that I used from Chuck L, he suggests moving the sensor. I first learned this from Lawrence Conley who always tried it for a pop.

As you are getting the code, it may be the module.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Have you tried replacing the EST module? Had the same thing happen and it turns out the EST was flaky when warm and caused the car to stumble, pop and shut off once.. usa

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a first! I found the problem and have never seen this before. I spent unnecessary money today on things I didn't need :mad: I replaced the coil pack and ignition module with new and the car wouldn't start. I went back to the store to get a crank sensor just in case. Also grabbed my new AC Delco spare cam sensor cap since I thought the one in the car is new but you never know. I didn't even get to the crank sensor because as soon as I removed the cam sensor cap there laying was the answer to my problem. :rolleyes: The phillips screw going down into the sensor had loosened all the way up to the point the spacer washer and interupt were just laying there. Put it all back together by putting the spacer on first, interupt (make sure you get the mounting tab in the right position) then phillips screw. Put the cap back on and it fired right up. Made some 20 PSI blasts on it with no pops. Got another problem now. I either broke something in the tranny or convertor. It whines now and acts like it has a whole lot of stall. Getting worse.

<small>[ June 28, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: CallMeMud ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
So much for trouble shooting. :)

Not sure why it threw the code, but, it will definitely make it pop if that wheel comes loose.

I hope the tranny is not too serious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts