Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all the different plenums sold and wonder which one works the best. Looking to try one that would inhance my combination and help prevent a lean out condition at the rear cylinders! Suggestions or comments! Thanks! Gene

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
What combination?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just my $.02 is that the powerplate, stock doghouse and jay jackson TB, will be good for anything up to and maybe beyond a TE62 turbo. Assuming that a good flowing IC is being used.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It would seem that the pte version does the best job...but it also seems that a power plate does even more for less money.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
I'm runing a stock plenum, powerplate, and ported intake/heads. I'll probably go to a jay jackson TB eventually.

-Banning.

------------------
James Banning Cohen
86 T-Type WH1
GSCA# 4817
Web site: http://banning.freeplace.net/

[email protected] MPH
(Best MPH & 60'= 117.3 & 1.54)

Mods:
PT51 turbo w/.63 housing, Ported iron heads w/stock valves, PTE 218 cam, Powerstroke IC, 72# injectors, ME 16 position, ATR 3" DP w/external gate, DelTrans 200R4, 9.5" Vigilante, Eaton posi, Hooiser QT Pro's

·
Registered
154 Posts
I seen alot of back and forth opinions(this and other site) regarding the powerplate but I have not seen anyone really say "yes I was able to increase boost by 2 lbs with no knock", etc. Of course it would vary based on car setup but still someone should have some hard data, not just "It seems to run better or spool slower. Would think it would help the cars more with bigger turbos and higher boost.
I don't know, guess it can't hurt to try for $60, can it?

------------------
87 GN-K&N Filter,Dynomax Exhaust, Art Carr shift kit, adj. wastegate, 237 reg., Lucas 30# green band injectors, CR43TS Plugs, hotwired Walbro 340 fp, Thrasher 92 ,160 Therm, VDO gauges, Breathers/ machined AL~turbo inlet bell/ frt and rear braces/ KYB shocks, springs and all bushings

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I have installed them on two cars...no hard performance data but both were able to run 1-2# more without incurring knock.

A number of people have posted 1-2 tenths better performance after tuning. Some dyno data has been presented to show a bit more power and Nick Micale did back to backs at the Nats and showed about 2 tenths as I recall on the test car.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My question was intended to improve flow with a big turbo, TE70, massive ported iron heads and intake, 206/206 cam, PI Vigilanti 0 pump/ 6 pump, 3:42 rear end, ATR headers and 3" DP and exhaust, no cat, 28" tires! I know Race Jace runs GN1 alum heads, TE70 turbo, PTE Plenum with power plate. Gene

1 - 9 of 9 Posts