Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions on these? I want a wall mount and the picture I looked at on a 42" plasma was best. Now if I could figure out how to hide all the Surround Sound equipment if I lump that in there too.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
You're confused.

HDTV isn't a picture technology. I think what you're asking is:

Do I want Plasma, DLP, or LCD? :) They all are HDTV Capable.

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TTA89 said:
You're confused.

HDTV isn't a picture technology. I think what you're asking is:

Do I want Plasma, DLP, or LCD? :) They all are HDTV Capable.
What you said :D

I'm not up on the TV thing. What's best bang for the buck and wall-mountable :dunno:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
dude, LCD :yup: , before i pruchased mine i looked at the sharp, sony and panasonic and then i looked at an LG ( which is made by zeneth ) dude the 42" lcd from Lg looks great! the other lcd which looked as good was the sharp aquas? but it was in the 26 or $2799 range, i could'nt justify the $600 dollar difference. The Lg i purchased is HDTV now remember you need the HDTV cables and channels to really see HD, i got the dvd in HD and purchased the HDMI cable ( it's a $100 bucks but well worth it ) dude it's the best picture i have ever seen in my life, super crisp and clear. the Lg i got went for about $2099 on sale? but well worth it. I know some people are a sony or hitachi only but trust me when you see the picture you'll know.

to me it was the best value for my money, and i love it, no matter what tv you get try to later on get the HD-DVD and buy the HDMI cable it's well worth the money. Good luck in decideing don't let these salesman fool you half of them don't know $hit, one guy told me " oh you have to change the bulbs every 2-3 years" :bflag: i read up on it, it would take at least 7 years before the lcd display start to wear out your lcd display. I hope this helps

Carlos
this is the one i got
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/LG-4...49321/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
I'll try to make this simple.

If you want a wall mount then you can rule out DLP, CRT, or LcoS (my favorite)

You're looking for a flat panel which there is no comparison btw LCD and Plasma. You can get a 50" Plasma at Best Buy now for 2999. That's a pretty good deal.

About HDTV there is something you want to consider if you're buying right now. Do you want to buy a TV that can only do 720p and 1080i (those are the screen resolutions avaliable in HDTV) or do you want a TV that can do 1080P as well? 1080p is what the new Blueray DVD players will be capable of. The best deals if you're not after a wall hanger TV is a DLP 1080p.

LcoS TVs like the Sony SXRDs can do that as well. They are my personal favorite and what I own.

Here is my friends Samsung 61" DLP in his new huge entertainment center...

This is my Sony SXRD. Yes, I have kids stuff everywhere. :eek!:

Personally, right now I'd buy the 60" Sony SXRD if I were to make the purchase all over again. Then again you're after a wall mount TV so probably the Samsung 50"would be the best bargain right now.

·
Back in Hiding
906 Posts
A friend of mine was talking about a new TV technology called BlueRay? Supposed to be the new "Best Quality" needing special DVD players and all that jazz. Has anyone else heard of this? Any experiences?? Opinions? Emotional outbursts????

·
Valve Monkey
574 Posts
I bought a "open box" Samsung LNR408D 40" LCD from Sears (on my way to Best Buy) for $1500 (retail was $2700)! It'd been on the floor for about 30 days and came with a full factory warranty. Best Buy has similar "open box" deals. Check out their website for coupons (10% off the last time I got one).

I've got it mounted on the wall in the Master BR. I'm still working on my "home run" (closet where all the components will be eventually) but I LOVE the TV.

Don't forget you can get many HD channels for free over the air (depending on where you live) with a cheap antenna. I've got less than $50 in my whole antenna set up and it gets 5 crystal clear HD OTA channels!

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Max said:
A friend of mine was talking about a new TV technology called BlueRay? Supposed to be the new "Best Quality" needing special DVD players and all that jazz. Has anyone else heard of this? Any experiences?? Opinions? Emotional outbursts????
Blue Ray is a format... Think VHS vs Betamax. It doesn't have anything to do with the Displays.

·
Registered
283 Posts
LG is a brand that has the nickname "Low Grade" given to it by the audio/video reviewers. It is supposedly an extremly troublesome tv as it gets some hours on it. I just purchased a Sharp LCD 37" Aquos with 1080 and Blue Ray capabilities. Sony is also coming out with a new 1080 LCD.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
whoever told you that 86nygn, lied to you, your sharp aquos was about the only t.v that looked ( picture quality -is what's impotant to me , not names)
abit nice'r also remember i worked at a circuit city for a couple of years and when you buy an expensive tv you most of the time get a warrenty with it, and when it comes to service circuit city is hard to beat.

http://www.splise.com/Television/category_1061.html?brandSort2=award

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
I have a 42" plasma and it has a better viewing angle almost 210* the wires I put in a automotive wire loom..my plasma has 4 video inputs and the 3 color video inputs..can also hook my copmuter up to it..and it has picture in picture...I like it..

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
TTA89 said:
Blue Ray is a format... Think VHS vs Betamax. It doesn't have anything to do with the Displays.

True, but I think blueray is the only DVD player on the market right now capable of 1080p. If your TV isn't capable of that it's not worth the money. Keep in mind the new playstation 3 will have blueray and be ~600 dollars. A normal blueray player is about 999 right now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
sr-71 said:
whoever told you that 86nygn, lied to you, your sharp aquos was about the only t.v that looked ( picture quality -is what's impotant to me , not names)
abit nice'r also remember i worked at a circuit city for a couple of years and when you buy an expensive tv you most of the time get a warrenty with it, and when it comes to service circuit city is hard to beat.

http://www.splise.com/Television/ca... LCD's so don't kill the messenger. :cheers:

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went in tonight to Circuit City to see what they had. The sales guy said LCD was better than Plasma. In looking at them it kind of seemed like that to me too. Which is better with some light coming into the room?

·
4 car Garage
197 Posts
CallMeMud said:
I went in tonight to Circuit City to see what they had. The sales guy said LCD was better than Plasma. In looking at them it kind of seemed like that to me too. Which is better with some light coming into the room?

I bought mine by walking to the sales person telling him the model # and got it loaded in my truck. Never bothered to compare as they are set up in most cases by retards. A TV needs to be tuned just like our cars. Spend some times on the HD boards, lots of good setup information.

·
Valve Monkey
574 Posts
CallMeMud said:
Generally speaking, Plasmas do require a darker room than LCDs for optimum performance.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
86NYGN said:
I am only telling what I read in different reviews on LCD's. I researched alot of different LCD review sites and that was the general consensus. I am not an expert on LCD's so don't kill the messenger.
:cheers:
:sorry: did'nt mean for it to come accros that way, :cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts