Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What seems to be the piston selection for a stock daily driver that will probably see the track at most 3 times a year. I have an 87 GN with stock everything except for the hotwired fp, an adj fpr, and atr exhaust. It has 140K so after blowing a head gasket I decided to have the motor gone through. If I ever see the 12's I will be shocked. It's main job is to commute me 52 miles everyday. I am going to put the comp 206/206 cam, and some new 009's. The largest turbo it will see is the TA49 if the stocker every blows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, the machine shop said the cylinders only needed to be taken 10 over. He said if I could find some OEM 10 over pistons, that would be best. Anyone know of someone having a set of these discontinued items?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
For your application and a little room to play, I recommend the Federal Hyper Pistons. Man, they are inexpensive and some vendors have claimed 600HP with them without detonation. Tough to beat for a driver.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like my JE pistons,little spendy though.
Almost too pretty to hide under cylinder heads

------------------
Reregistered once again.
Formerly Gnbill2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.