Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a while back CT had GN's for state trooper cars anyone have a picture of one?

Also I remember a while back seeing a car picture of a GN on the track with police badging on it

Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Ken has one, his name is CT87GN or something like that, on this site. :dunno:

Looked like any other T type errr Turbo T, because they were. :wink:

They never had GN's at least I never saw one, not sure about WE4's but they did have black ones with chrome bumpers.

Everything was bolt on and easily removed so they could sell them no hassle at the DOT auctions. :)

I believe there is a DARE car or two out there that should have lots of typical Police stuff on it.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Didn't Joe H. (NOSLO6) have a WE4 Dare car (Manchester, Ct) .. His son in law was a State Cop in Ct ... I havent seen Joe for years :dunno:

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I took these pictures at Bristol 2001 :headbang:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:

funny I look at that as the "old" days :wink:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Salvage.......yea, I have a drk. garnet red 87 T that was used as a chase car for the CT State Police. They did also use GN's as i've seen them being run through the state surplus auction, and once being used on interstate 91 in Enfield. Connecticut was buying TR's from dealers as far away as Ohio in late 87. My car came from a dealership from Ohio! :eek!: My T has the chrome package and a grand total of 4 options!! It has:

remote pass. side mirror
rear window defrost
tilt wheel
soft ray tinted glass

That's it! 'Had' radio delete and aluminum bumper supports also.

I weighed this car twice at two different tracks and both were right around 3250 lbs. I've never seen one lighter!! I remember watching the news a few years back and they showed an 87 T, same color as mine that had pulled a car over in CT somewhere and for the life of me I can't remember why they showed some old 'file' footage of what was quite possibly MY car. But man was it cool. Now they're useing Dodge Intrepids, Impalas, and Camaros for (which i'm sure will be running through the auctions shortly). Oh well, that's it for the 'history' of my 'T'. Any one else have an ole police TR??

Ken B.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
I was told that my GN original owner was a police officer in Long Valley NJ and it still has strobes in the front and rear turn signal lights but no control box. Used to have the wig wag to for headlights but I took that out. From checking history it was his personal car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Trooper car

My POS is an ex Conn Trooper car. Rosewood ex with burgundy buckets,tilt, crank windows,posi,rear defog,pass remote mirror and map lights. Car has had a hard life, trying to put it back into resonable condition. Phil.

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:
Yup, thats Big Joe's car, and at the time was being driven by his son-in-law Rick who is a CT cop. I know he had a bad auto accident, and know he wasnt racing for awhile. I have since lost touch with Joe and dont know whats up with the car.

I do remember Joe taking me for a ride in the car before all the police lights etc in 9.90 trim from a 50mph roll and never felt anything pull like that in my life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts