he's getting out of it, in red it says, they drive old beaters

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
"old beaters", nice. :(

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
That magazine can kiss my Buick lovin' "A" for all I care. :)

·
The Video Guy
577 Posts
Here's the article;

They Drive Old Beaters!

"I drive an '87 Buick Grand National," DAVID SPADE (in Malibu July 4) tells Us. "No one recognizes me! They expect me in a yellow Hummer. I have a nice house, so it's OK." What's his ride typically worth? Around $10,000 to $15,000.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
so what to normal stars that is a beater- just like our houses are the size of their garages and sheds

but yeah i cant beleive he didnt spring for a GNX though with the money hes got.

·
Registered
486 Posts
ajt86 said:
so what to normal stars that is a beater- just like our houses are the size of their garages and sheds

but yeah i cant beleive he didnt spring for a GNX though with the money hes got.
Maybe he's conservative with his money. I wonder if he browses any of the sites...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
anyone notice the rear wheel looks bent in? maybe just the pic, but doesnt look too good

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
jlnel said:
yeah..speaking of that, i have one on e-bay now, starting at 500.00, used to belong to a famous actor, bid now wont last long.... :headbang:

lol :usa:

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
87gninpa said:
anyone notice the rear wheel looks bent in? maybe just the pic, but doesnt look too good
yeah looks like the springs are saging or something.maybe he parked on something on the other side. what does he care its just a beater!! :rolleyes: i'm not sure whether to like him more cause he drives a gn or less cause he calls it a beater!! :dunno:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
WTF is all of you guys problem. The car IS a beater. Its beats Mustangs, Porches, Hondas, Fords, Chryslers.......... :dunno:

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:
WTF is all of you guys problem. The car IS a beater. Its beats Mustangs, Porches, Hondas, Fords, Chryslers.......... :dunno:

What you been beatin' tonight? :dunno:

Dummy! :sw:

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:
good one! maybe david spade is outruning some of his friends with thier vettes and porches and such, that would be cool! wonder if he's caught siendfield out in a porsch and smoked him? :D

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
I too am intrigued by the bent wheel. Hmm? I like the beater joke... funny. :D His car is pretty dirty too. :crazy:

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
tony moore said:
yeah looks like the springs are saging or something.maybe he parked on something on the other side. what does he care its just a beater!! :rolleyes: i'm not sure whether to like him more cause he drives a gn or less cause he calls it a beater!! :dunno:

I didn't read the article, but it sounds like whoever wrote it referred to the car as a beater, not Spade himself..

I like him for it. He recognizes how much fun it can be to daily drive one, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if something happened to it, because it isn't that valuable, comparitively....

If I had a ton of money I'd rip around in some "beater" fast cars, as well. Pick up a Syclone, 69 Camaro, stuff like that. Not that I wouldn't want expensive cars ( Can you say Z06, and M5?), but the 10 K musclecar market is so endless and exploitable, if you had lots of expendable income..... :yup:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Iva always thought that if i had a lot of cahs like that, id get a mint low mile GN and drive her every day....dont have that now of course, but definately would get something fun and "cheap" if i was that rich. Think about it, the best low mile GNs go for 30k, that almost nothing to some of those people.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts