Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures from Bowling Green nats this past weekend are here...

Bowling Green KY 2012 - a set on Flickr

It was overcast and COLD! Car show was beat. 20 some turbo Buick's. One GNX. One GSX. Maybe 50 total cars. It was nice to see we kicked their ass at our show in Cecil this year with more cars! I think Cecil had more racing as well. Hopefully Cecil becomes the next Bowling Green. That 13 hour drive sucks! good amount of Buick parts scattered around. All the vendors were there. Racing was decent. A lot of turbo Buick's and many I've never seen before from down south. That gray T in my pics was amazing. That guy has some money into that car! Race gas was $20.00 a gallon at the track. It was $20 bucks to get in every day. I took my GMC 2500HD and she got 17.3 MPG going 67mpg. Was very happy with that for a big truck! Was nice to see some friends that don't make it up this way much but that event is slowly dieing from what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Wow I thought most of what you posted was from Friday I thought Saturday would brought everybody out. Well between weather and gas to drive to these events.

Stefan

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Do you think the security issues from last year was a factor?

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might have been. Still recovering economy didn't help as well I'm sure. I noticed most folks had their trucks and trailers blocked in with those wheel boots to keep them from going down the road. I did see one truck and trailer in the lot. It was a newer GMC Yukon XL with a huge enclosed trailer on the back. Was a gasser like my 2500HD but with a few more thousand pounds being a Yukon XL. So then I'm thinking man that must be hard pulling all that with that truck. I look at the tag.... California! DOH! I can't believe that guy pulled that trailer from Cali. Had to be 5K in fuel alone!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.