Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a carb spacer for my N/A Q-jet V6, I have found a place selling phenolic spacers for Q-jets but I am wondering if it would cause the engine to take forever to warm up in cold weather. The car will be a daily driver so it will need to warm up ok.

·
Deltona: Peace At Last...
568 Posts
I don't know how the 1987 emissions got it to warm up, but in 1981 it was in the air filter canister and the left exhuast manifold EFE valve.

Later cars had an electric device that the carb sat on. If your car has this grid I would'nt suggest removing it unless it no longer works.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Buick Runner said:
I am thinking about getting a carb spacer for my N/A Q-jet V6, I have found a place selling phenolic spacers for Q-jets but I am wondering if it would cause the engine to take forever to warm up in cold weather. The car will be a daily driver so it will need to warm up ok.
It'll work fine.

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I took the old Duel-jet off the EFE grid was burned out and it cost $70 to replace the thing so I do not use it and with the 4bbl manifold on the car now a EFE grid will not fit on it. I now have a Q-jet and a 4bbl manifold on the car right now with no EFE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts