Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that I should change my PCV valve because it probably hasn't been changed in the last 30K. Fist off, I broke the hose going to it and found that it was discontinued.

Question 1: does anyone reman these things? I am planning on using a straight piece if hose for now.

Next, I decided that the gromet needed to be changed too. I then noticed that the gromet was hard as a rock. So I began to pull on it with some needle nose pliers, but I could only get pieces. After some tugging and necessary swearing, I got that thing out, but...

Question 2: Will those few small pieces I lost in the engine hurt anything? Could a vaccuum help?

Thanks,
Shaun.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I used a straight hose but I am thinking I will add a 90 elbow for better flow.
I do not think you need to worry about the parts that fell inside as there is a cover and it will not get into the enternals.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry but I have to disagree about the small pieces getting down into the engine...the valley pan is not completely sealed from front to back...there is some space for small pieces to get through...I would pull the intake to be safe...but that's me...as for the PVC valve hose just get #10055808 from your local GM dealer...it needs to be trimmed but fits perfect...

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Its a judgement call. I would not pull the manifold. The pieces are only hard rubber. It will eventuality make it to the oilpan.
most will come out with a few oil changes and the rest may stick to the oil pickup screen with pieces of your stock timing chain. See what comes out from the oil change first and match up the puzzle pieces

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
ULYCYC,

What are the chances that one or more of these will plug up an oil return passage? If this happens could this affect the oiling system in a harmful way?

Just wondering,

Paul Beal
[email protected]

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
There are 6 large holes size of a quarter for oil return in the lifter galley. The rubber grommet pieces should get through easy and rest in the oil pan. If it was a washer or a nut swimming around I would be more concerned. Like I said its a judgement call. This is what "I" would do. Someone said pull the intake. Thats his approach and not wrong either.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Omnipotent Poster
728 Posts
Some may say this is wrong, but you COULD just turn your Buick upside down and shake it until all the little rubber pieces came back out of the hole.

HTH
Pat

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The deed is done. Thanks for the part number MSDGN. I will pretend that those pieces arn't even there. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts