Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know oil is the one think we don't want in the combustion process since it helps knock.I've got oil all over the top of my power plate and it looks like its coming fron the PCV valve.What can i do to stop this.There's no other way for oil to get in there my IC is dry.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Use only AC Delco or GM PCV valves. Do you have the valley pan type intake gasket? If not this may also cause your problem. You should also have
open style breathers on both valve covers.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a delco valve and both open breathers with a full valley pan gasket,I bet this isn't helping my knock.Thanks for the reply Ed.

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
pcv works with intake vac right???
now think when intake is getting 15psi of boost
(opposite of vac)
whats pcv doing then?
hmmmmm.......

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think all Turbo Buicks have the same problem. I installed a oil/ water seperator thats used for air compressors inline with the PCV, Havent had any problems since, It doesnt take long for the trap to fill with oil :D I also have 2 valve cover breathers, and the factory valley pan. The problem is the small crankcase and oil pan of the V6, the spinning crank, rods, and downward stroke of the pistons, plus any blowby creats alot of oil mist. I know alot of the big diesels have the same problem, they use a similar setup to scavange the oil/vapor mist, its the nature of the beast usa Mark

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: TwoBuicks ]</small>

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
It closes. I hope. I wonder if the little needle in the PCV valve has the cuts in the side for a small amount of bypass like N/A PCV valves? I would assume not because we don't wnat 17 psi in our crankcases. Is this the reason to use Delco only? Has anyone used the $20 ATR PCV valve?

·
Registered
92 Posts
the lsi v8 has a same problume the make a fit with this glass jar that holds the oil before it gets into intake it seems to work my to buddys are using it and the just check it once a month i can get the part # if u are intrested

1 - 7 of 7 Posts