Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the payouts were for the classes in TSM? I made it to the semis in TSM, most races at least pay entrance fees back to the semis, just wondering if the class paid back that far since we left as soon as we could load up and get out of there? Anyone?

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Here's what Cal posted on another site:

TSM, TSS, TSO all got $180 for winning and $85 for runner up. TSL and Turbo Alcohol didn't get anything since they were new classes. I don't believe Q-16 won anything either.
All classes received plaques and a few received jackets.

TSE had the highest payout of all since Red sponsored it.

Conley's once again, put together a Super-8 class and paid $600 to the winner, $400 to runner up, and $100 for low qualifier.

·
Registered
57 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Does anyone know what the payouts were for the classes in TSM? I made it to the semis in TSM, most races at least pay entrance fees back to the semis, just wondering if the class paid back that far since we left as soon as we could load up and get out of there? Anyone?
What payout? Q-16 Turbo got no money. $000000000000

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
:eek2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jim rock said:

WHAT? ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS?

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
jim rock said:
>>> Jim,

Stupid question but I think I already know the answer to that but I will ask it anyway...........were the payouts announced or shown anywhere before the event in the newsletter, webpage or handed out in a gate flyer???

I mean how do you show the Q-16 Turbo you get $00000000

Doesn't go over well IMO nor attracts racers, I would say post it on the gsca website but it will only get deleted.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buicksx2 said:
Here's what Cal posted on another site:

TSM, TSS, TSO all got $180 for winning and $85 for runner up. TSL and Turbo Alcohol didn't get anything since they were new classes. I don't believe Q-16 won anything either.
All classes received plaques and a few received jackets.

TSE had the highest payout of all since Red sponsored it.

Conley's once again, put together a Super-8 class and paid $600 to the winner, $400 to runner up, and $100 for low qualifier.

so 6 classes and the total payout was $795? absolutely no class there at all, that wouldnt cover the diesel fuel and race fuel for me to get there if I won all 6 classes and took runner up as well. UNFREAKINGbelievable.

Conleys race is sponsored by vendors/racers, no money is put into that pot by the GSCA at all. total BS....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
>>> Jim,

Stupid question but I think I already know the answer to that but I will ask it anyway...........were the payouts announced or shown anywhere before the event in the newsletter, webpage or handed out in a gate flyer???

I mean how do you show the Q-16 Turbo you get $00000000

Doesn't go over well IMO nor attracts racers, I would say post it on the gsca website but it will only get deleted.
They were ashamed of the payout when it paid 600 to win and 300 RU

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
As Bill said.............UNFREAKINGbelievable.

Should be interesting what kind of spin gets put on this.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How in the hell can you hold an event of this caliber and pay that money? s16t has a $50 entry fee OVER and above the racers ticket, that is bullsh1t.

·
Got it figured out?
876 Posts
The sting of getting my a$$ kicked and losing TSL was immediatly relieved when I realized I lost no $$ and even if I won that event I would still be a loser because only suckers race for free.

TSL payouts 1st and 2nd: $000000000000000000000000000.00

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
You guys don't know what the payouts are BEFORE hand? :confused: :dunno: :confused: :dunno:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ted A. said:
The sting of getting my a$$ kicked and losing TSL was immediatly relieved when I realized I lost no $$ and even if I won that event I would still be a loser because only suckers race for free.

They should be ashamed, I still cant believe it, how are "THEY" sleeping?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:
You guys don't know what the payouts are BEFORE hand? :confused: :dunno: :confused: :dunno:
When you ask they don't know. Next year I will not care what they are. Someone else can ask because I'll be in Ohio.

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Bill,

You sold the racecar? :crazy:

And you are not a loser! :cheers:

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Ted A. said:

>>> Ted,
You missed a few commas on there, ya see if you throw commas in the right areas above it then appears to the naked eye as the gsca paid out a whole lot more :rolleyes:

Slight edit to your post above Ted, so TSL really paid:

$000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmm,...

$16 a head for admission on Thursday.

$18 a head for admission on Friday.

$18 a head for admission on Saturday.

That's not even counting what those racing paid, nor what vendors paid for their "spots".

I guess we all know who's pockets are fat after this event, and it isn't the winning racers... :rant:

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Where is Ed Baker? He can total up all the intake and pay-nothings and give us a breakdown of what the racers got and what went to line pockets. I never went and probably never will. The racers and cars are what make these events and they deserve something back :yup:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts