Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here that uses a Pats converter and locks it up @ WOT? If so any issues? :usa:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I have a 3,600 stall and I lock mine at 70 mph. No problems so far.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Im having a problem,not sure what it is.When my car locks the converter in 3rd gear,(Turbo Tweak chip,I believe it locks at 75mph)I can feel it lock,then it lays over(I can actually hear it whoosh out the K&N),then it comes back on,then lays over again,it will continue to do this as long as I stay in it.Now when i disconnect the plug at the trans for the lockup,It dont do it at all? I just installed a complete rebuilt trans from Lonnie Diers,billet drum etc.etc..And it also did the same thing with the stock trans.So I would think its the converter???Im going nuts. :crazy: Its a 10 inch lock up unit with a 3200 stall. :confused:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CallMeMud said:
Lock-Up solenoid
Do you mean the TCC solenoid? Because under normal drivng it locks up.

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Yes. I assume the whoosh you talk of is it locking and unlocking :dunno: If their isn't any metal in the fluid then the converter doesn't have a problem. Do you have DS so you can see what it is doing?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CallMeMud said:
Yes. I assume the whoosh you talk of is it locking and unlocking :dunno: If their isn't any metal in the fluid then the converter doesn't have a problem. Do you have DS so you can see what it is doing?
The whoosh Im talking about is if you were to back out of the throttle...No DS,I just got the converter back from Steve he restalled it for me.So Im sure he took care of anything it needed.Maybe it locking to early?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Does not sound like the solenoid causing that for me...when it locks up, you should be able to look at the speedometer and see the speed.

Should feel like it just shifted gears...rpm should drop and stay there...if the rpm drop and then jump up again, then you know the problem is in the tranny side. Could be the tranny or the converter in that case. Before you can find the problem, you have to have some data. :) Even a scanmaster would help watch the rpm....DS would be a lot better.

·
Registered
732 Posts
1NASTY69Z said:
The whoosh Im talking about is if you were to back out of the throttle...No DS,I just got the converter back from Steve he restalled it for me.So Im sure he took care of anything it needed.Maybe it locking to early?
Like pressure air against a closed thottle? Probably no help. Out of my league.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts