Turbo Buick Forums banner

Pass side heat shield

430 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  six-3X's-aday 
#1 ·
Was reading the other thread about motor mounts & started wondering about how necessary it is to have the heat shield for blower box above the pass side valve cover. Based on driving 2K a year with some track visits only. Is it more of a daily driver type needed item? Just curious & thinking it would allow an extra bit of clearance if needed for future mods? :dunno: :cheers:

#2 ·
Does it have the factory metal shield still installed? If so, then I wouldn't worry about the blower box. If not, then how close is the dp to the blower box?

Many worry about the rear upper control arm bushing because of they don't stand the heat very well. How close is your dp to the bushing?

Gary

#3 ·
Just a Six?? said:
Was reading the other thread about motor mounts & started wondering about how necessary it is to have the heat shield for blower box above the pass side valve cover. Based on driving 2K a year with some track visits only. Is it more of a daily driver type needed item? Just curious & thinking it would allow an extra bit of clearance if needed for future mods? :dunno: :cheers:
I would leave it alone... :)

#4 ·
Just a Six?? said:
I'm sure it serves a purpose. But for the amount of time I drive mine it has been removed due to scratches etc from removing the valve cover numerous times. In my opinion it actually seems to have "cleaned" up that side of the engine bay a bit,...hope my heater box doesn't melt.. :eek!:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.